Can't Find 'PVC' for Guide-On Posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RivRunR

Reaction score
The PVC on my guide-on posts is cracked in several places, and I'd like to replace it with the same type of PVC that's on there now...which is NOT schedule 40 PVC like you can get from Lowe's...it's a thinner diameter material.

And, just to be even more picky, I'd like to use black...like these posts at Cabela's : Cabela's Post Guide-Ons.

I've googled til I'm blue in the face and all I can find is the complete guide-ons, not just the tubes.

Anybody got any idea / source where these types of tubes can be found?

Thanks!

RR

There is a thin walled PVC you can buy. We buy some occasionally for work at out local irrigation supply store. Its probably half the thickness of regular schedule 40 PVC. You can always spray paint it black.

Farm stores, building supply stores, places that sell irrigation equipment, even our Lowe's has it.

ABS is similar to PVC,it's black.
I think it's just as thick as PVC though.

mobile homes use the black abs plumbing. might be able to get some used stuff from sombody scrapping one out.

They sell a thinner PVC for drain lines, I've seen 4" & 3" @ home depot w/ fittings for making downspouts connect to French drains...check and see if they have it in 2".