Lowe 1440 Build, and it begins

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joncruiser

Reaction score
Good day everyone! I was fortunate enough to have this weekend off so i started my modification of my Lowe 1440. The boat was given to me by my dad, just bought a house got engaged so life is hectic therefore I wanted a project to be a stress relief for me. I work long hours and many days straight so this is going to be an on going project. however i hope to have the boat done by late spring so i can hit the lake, the boat will be used primarily as a get away for my little family but i am going to set it up to be a fully functioning fishing boat, i mainly catfish and panfish but might broaden my horizon as life goes on. anyways enough about me the boat!, so attached are the pictures of my first mod....Cleaning! haha the boat has been in storage for several years now i had installed a front deck with 4 500watt spot lights to bow fish but couldn't afford a generator so those the boat stayed in storage for 4 years and now its out and has became my project.

The Plan:
-Put flooring over the ribs with carpet
-carpeted benches with detachable swivel seats
-install accessories and safety electronics
-wire everything to a 2 battery bank on a selector switch
-make it as comfortable as possible for cruising the lakes and rivers of SC and hit the water by summer!

What I have; (all but deck not installed)
-front deck, needs a little work
-switch panel, fused with 6 toggle switches
-bow and stern light, don't think its tall enough for anchor light (whats the law on this?)
-marine stereo w/ 4 speakers
-1 deep cycle battery d2400 & 1 aqua start? cranking battery
-folding seats complete with attwood swivel and detach mount
-bilge pump and tubing
-9.9 honda long shaft electric start
-jack plate already installed
-and of course a lot of random misc. items

Below are some pictures from day 1 clean up a lot more to come any ideas or critiques are welcomed! y'all have gave me a great inspiration i hope it turns out great!

Attachments

• DSC_0308_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_0308_edited-1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 789
  • DSC_0310_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_0310_edited-1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 789
  • DSC_0316.JPG
    DSC_0316.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 789
  • DSC_0312.JPG
    DSC_0312.JPG