Polar Kraft 1448 Flat conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished plumbing the livewell and it passed the water test! I filled it to the brim and she didn't bow, swell, or leak. I also got all the decking cut and placed. Any hatch with a hinge got attached and secured. I need to rivet the others tomorrow, won't take more than 30 minutes. I've also got to build the bracket to hold the front trolling motor, shouldn't be too bad. My neighbor's coming over to help lift it onto the trailer.

14ce9zr.jpg

awf8lk.jpg

2d6idu.jpg

Almost there! Both motors are mounted, wired, and working. I got carpet laid on the front deck with the help of friends. I replaced the trailer wheels and bearing and finished all the plumbing and wiring.
211o2vo.jpg

b8qvc5.jpg

2ylntxt.jpg

1zbea0g.jpg

Awesome I think you will love the stability difference! I'm excited to watch your build!
X 20,000 !!!

wow great find !! You and your fishing partner will be able to do the Dosey Doe in that thing and not even make a ripple.
Not to mention wrestle a 600 pound gator into the boat (if you ever get one) LOL

I was a sign maker for 30 years and when I closed my shop, I kept all those heavy duty thick aluminum SIGNS !!
You would be surprised at how handy they are when you need some flat sheet metal...... great job !!

also, a thought just came to me . . . when using old signs for "hull reinforcement" put the vinyl side of the sign
to the hull to block out any possible corrosion !! Of which I was going to do today to my 1648 transom with some
bare aluminum .120" plate . . . then, just now, I remembered I have an old .120" Stop Sign that will work perfectly !!!
Thanks for jogging my memory.

again, GREAT JOB !!!!

It still isn't 100% but I'm in the high 90's. The pics only show the two decks, but I actually got all the carpet done, including up the sides of the pink foam in the middle. I lost a bearing buddy on the highway to the ramp today somehow, I'm not too worried about it. She floated, both motors ran well, and everything sat correctly on the water. I was troubled by how far the trailer has to be in the water to get the bow eye above the bow stop, but oh well. Today was a good day!

ka2ryv.jpg

23hwpc8.jpg

mlqdfb.jpg

Next up is a stronger, taller trailer jack, the correct trailer harness connector (since I bought the vehicle side yet needed the trailer side), numbers on the side of her, rod savers, and a new pair of bearing buddies or dust caps.

Got a tournement this upcoming Saturday, gonna be a cold start so I probably won't be taking advantage of bare feet on carpet.