Removing Glue/Adhesives - Chemical Experiment to Help U Out

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. Your hard work should be rewarded with making this post a Sticky!

Loved the way you went through many of the options that we have...now most of us do not have to experiment on our own.

I broke down your methods into two piles ...chemical and abrasive. While the abrasives (sanding/disks etc.) all remove the material, they tend to load up and have to be either cleaned or replaced on a larger job. The chemical processes just get scraped and discarded.

Looks like brush cleaner is an excellent choice and one that I would not have given a chance without your fine research.

Thanks very much..... richg99

richg99 said:
Thank you. Your hard work should be rewarded with making this post a Sticky!

Loved the way you went through many of the options that we have...now most of us do not have to experiment on our own.

I broke down your methods into two piles ...chemical and abrasive. While the abrasives (sanding/disks etc.) all remove the material, they tend to load up and have to be either cleaned or replaced on a larger job. The chemical processes just get scraped and discarded.

Looks like brush cleaner is an excellent choice and one that I would not have given a chance without your fine research.

Thanks very much..... richg99

Thanks Rich,

I really appreciate the feedback and gratitude. Brush cleaner and Jasco's are still my go to's and favorites. You could even try aircraft remover from Rustoleum. That stuff will destroy through anything. I used it A LOT for removing the paint on my boat.