Tin boat new guy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhatFIREGus

Reaction score
Hey all,

New to the forum and looking to purchase my first tin boat. I grew up on fiberglass bass boats, and am currently selling a 20' CC, looking for something different.

What I'm looking for:
  • Fit in my (frustratingly small) garage (19' 8" long, 96" wide).
  • Looking for a price somewhere in the $30's if new (w/o electronics, etc)
    • I'd rather be on the higher end for quality's sake than save money buying bottom of the line
  • Fishing mostly for bass, maybe some trolling, but a very distant second.
  • I'm in the mid-Atlantic, so mostly rivers off the Chesapeake or small lakes.
  • I have 2 kids under three, so something that I could bring a three-year-old out on next year
What I'm considering:
  • Lund Adventure 1675
  • Lowe Fishing Machine (size based on finding on-trailer length/width)
  • Crestliner (haven't dug into all the models here...)
So my questions: Am I missing a great choice? Am I suggesting bad choices? One of you fine folks want to sell a great boat that checks all the boxes? :)

Thanks for any advice and education you care to share.

I only buy used, after 60 years as a boat owner, I feel competent finding a good one and always have found one !! My current boat ( 16' Sylvan side console) is nearly like new (1992) but it did take almost four months of shopping and a two hundred mile one way drive to get it !! However, glad to see you moving to an aluminum boat. Far better resale and no wood rot worries. Most brand name boats are well made today, so I would look more closely at the style and layout that suits your needs. In all probability, you will have more motor issues than you will have boat issues over its lifetime. Letbus know which you get !!

Hey all,

New to the forum and looking to purchase my first tin boat. I grew up on fiberglass bass boats, and am currently selling a 20' CC, looking for something different.

What I'm looking for:
  • Fit in my (frustratingly small) garage (19' 8" long, 96" wide).
  • Looking for a price somewhere in the $30's if new (w/o electronics, etc)
    • I'd rather be on the higher end for quality's sake than save money buying bottom of the line
  • Fishing mostly for bass, maybe some trolling, but a very distant second.
  • I'm in the mid-Atlantic, so mostly rivers off the Chesapeake or small lakes.
  • I have 2 kids under three, so something that I could bring a three-year-old out on next year
What I'm considering:
  • Lund Adventure 1675
  • Lowe Fishing Machine (size based on finding on-trailer length/width)
  • Crestliner (haven't dug into all the models here...)
So my questions: Am I missing a great choice? Am I suggesting bad choices? One of you fine folks want to sell a great boat that checks all the boxes? :)

Thanks for any advice and education you care to share.
Not tons of room beam-wise in that garage but maybe length-wise not so bad if you buy a swing-tongue trailer may well fit. I have an old Lund 1850 Tyee GS which rests on a shoreland'r trailer. My boat length from tip of skeg to tip of trailer ball socket is 23' 3" so with a swing tongue you "might" be OK