My MirroCraft Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sackman

Reaction score
Its not much, still alot to do. Hope you enjoy. I made 4 storage compartments on the deck. Should be pretty handy. Next comes the carpet. Hope some of you guys have some pointers.

Thanks

Attachments

• boat start.JPG
    boat start.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 11,384
  • boat floor1.JPG
    boat floor1.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 11,362
  • boat floor3.JPG
    boat floor3.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 11,407
  • boat floor4.JPG
    boat floor4.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 11,497
:Welcome:

Thank you for joining :beer:

You are doing an awesome job on your boat already so I cant give you any comments, but keep it up. Boat is going to turn out real nice.

That looks really nice. =D> Is the compartment painted white or is that some other type of material? Also, make sure you have your lids trimmed with enough gap to accommodate the carpet. 1/8" should be sufficient depending on the type of carpet.

The white your seeing is the 2x4's painted. I also used Water sealant on the lids. Thanks for the pointers. Im hoping to get it carpeted by next weekend, I will update the photos as I go. :D

Nice to see the Mirrocraft project. I am in the middle of one myself. I made my decks even with the top of the front two seats, so not as high as yours. I also did the storage compartment under the deck. I have my decks carpeted, now I just have to install them.

Good luck with the rest of the project.

Thanks natetrack, I ended up taking a vacation day from work to start the carpet on the boat, WOW, It looks so easy to do. From 11:00 to now I have been doing it. I dont think I would make any money if that was my profession. It turned out pretty good though. Im a little nervous though, the last piece I did I was running low on the adhesive, Hopefully it wont pull up, I still have to go back and get some more so I can do the last piece on the ends. #-o ..I cant wait for it to dry so I can put some hinges on it and see if it actually works. Does anyone know where I can find some finger pulls for the storage departments, Since I already carpeted it before installing a pull. :roll: ..Thanks guys.

Attachments

• boat carpet2.JPG
    boat carpet2.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 13,561
You know, I did mine in close to the same color. I also built floors in between all the benches so I still have to carpet those. I think I am going to also carpet the benches, just because the adhesive I bought says that it works on metal so I want to try it out.

Looks good. Keep up the good work and then go have some real fun and fish out of it.

Thanks everyone for the great comments. Natetrack, I saw the same thing on the adhesive I used. I was a little nervous about trying it on the seat because I just painted it. I wonder if it will still stick to it with the paint or I will have to sand it down to bare metal. I know it will be alot easier to glue the carpet to the seat then cut another piece of wood and seal it. Just a re-cap, does anyone know of any good pulls for the storage compartments on the deck? Thanks

Heres the boat with the hinges and everything put back where there suppose to be. :D

Attachments

• boat carpet4compressed.JPG
    boat carpet4compressed.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 9,741
  • Boatcarpet3compressed.JPG
    Boatcarpet3compressed.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 9,758
Nice job - when are you gonna come do my MirroCraft?

Free tickets for you and BassBoy1 - one week work lots of fishing :p

Latest posts