It is currently 21 Apr 2019, 14:13
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

VinylImagesInc

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2019, 15:59 

One cannot have too many boats, of any construction. Anyhow, that's what I told my wife.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2019, 18:37 
Donor

Jim wrote:
That was a joke. :lol:

Cool. I was hoping that was your intention.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2019, 18:40 
Donor

richg99 wrote:
One cannot have too many boats, of any construction. Anyhow, that's what I told my wife.

Just remember Rich99, when you are gone and the wife goes to sell everything, they will be sold for what you said you paid, as opposed to what you really paid. :cry:

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2019, 18:45 

She never asked, so there will be no "issues".
Ha ha

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2019, 09:07 

WV1951 wrote:
richg99 wrote:

Just remember Rich99, when you are gone and the wife goes to sell everything, they will be sold for what you said you paid, as opposed to what you really paid. :cry:

yeah, my ex-wife would have been able to have a super sale based off what i told her i paid for things.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2019, 11:13 
Donor

Well, ended up with the Pelican Catch 100. Well thought out. Love the open cockpit. Currently making a low budget cart for it. Made supports to sit on and mount against garage wall. Makes storage a breeze. Weather isn't cooperating to get it out.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2019, 11:54 

Looks good. It seems that Pelican has come a long way in their kayak offerings. My only issue with that particular one would be that I need MORE weight limit! 350 lbs.

I weigh in at 252 lbs. Its been my experience with prior yaks that a 400 lb or more would be best for my big butt. Assuming you are not my size, go for it, and please report back how she works for you.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2019, 13:37 
Donor

Well, Rich99, not braggin' or complainin', but you got me by a 100 lbs., so I think it will do great. Not much gear, either. The flat(ter) hull should make it ride high as well. I think my 67 year old body and balance will be fine. I will report back.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2019, 14:03 

Ha Ha...Let's see, a dozen years ago, when I was 67, I weighed....oh, shucks, let's not talk about that... either.

I have lost 17 lbs over the last month on a variant of the Keto diet. So, If I can wait 6 more months, and lose 17lbs each month, I could buy a lighter yak, too.

Truthfully, though, a lot of guys, who weigh lots more than you, buy yaks that are nowhere near buoyant enough for safe fishing. A hundred-pound spread should be enough, but I think the manufacturers stretch the safe-weight ratings some.

I expect to hear good things from you and about your new yak!

rich

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2019, 10:09 

Bottom wrote:
I catfish the Ohio river from a sea ghost 110. It has a transducer hole and guard built into the bottom. It’s pretty stable, comes with everything you need besides a PFD.

I just ordered the Sea Ghost 110 due to your recommendation and then my additional research on this model. It has excellent reviews. Thank you

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2019, 12:27 

WV1951 wrote:
Well, ended up with the Pelican Catch 100. Well thought out. Love the open cockpit. Currently making a low budget cart for it. Made supports to sit on and mount against garage wall. Makes storage a breeze. Weather isn't cooperating to get it out.

Looks a like nice Yak. Congrats on the purchase

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2019, 17:29 
Donor

Well, have had it out one time. No problem whatsoever with stability. Will have to practice paddling, but for the water I will have it on, will not be a problem. I purchased a short 3-4' paddle to aid in maneuvering, and ended up pretty much using it exclusively.

Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4