Watch out for the BIG ONES!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

57texasmaid

Reaction score
Had a great weekend (for the most part). Went all day Sat Crappie fishing and then got clearence to go do it again Sunday!! Got out on the water at almost 7am, polls in hand and ready to fish! The wind was blowing with 35mph gusts. So we decided that the ponton wasen't a good idea and my tins not quite ready so dock fishing it was. There I was lines droped and waiting on the "BIG ONE", and at about 15 till 8 well, I found him or at least he found me!!! The next thing I know I see my rod and reel going overboard. Its happend a hundred times and with good luck I've snatched them before its to late! Well not this time, by the time my hand hit the poll it was a little to late and I was a little to far to turn back! Head first in the water I went. When i finaly got out and gathered my self I had a half of poll in my hand, upon reeling it in I found the other half but still missing one rod and reel? So I kept reeling and there it was, my other rod and reel by the hook! I sat it down and and put up the broken up and then stated reeling in the other one to ck bait and there he was a big ole' chanel cat on the other end!!!
1 broken rod -$30.00
1 wet wallet -$50.00 wet dollars inside
1 pair oakley sunglasses $120.00
1 Iphone -$500.00 (Think goodness my contracts up)
Being wet the rest of the day, catching the "big one", explaning the reason for a new phone to the wife, PRICELESS!!!!
She says was it worth it? All I had to say was " Well I caught him" lol She just shakes her head!
:oops:

Now THAT is a great story.

The lesson to learn here though is....

Better to have a wallet with a wet $50 than a wallet with no $ at all.

Oh wait....maybe there's more to learn that that.

Still a great story, and glad you landed the fish. Hope you at him with a smile on your face.

Who got the last laugh in this story?

Well he's in the frezer with the others and the fish fry is this weekend, and yes he will taste great! And I've sence remembered all the pics from my tin build are...... on that phone #-o and its still in a bowl of rice trying to get it dry so I'll have my build to post! If not well I'll have the pics from now on I guess. Hopefully the rice trick works!!!!!

Man that is one great fishing story. Thanks for sharing -- it is a good read. I am sure it wasn't so funny at the time but you tell it in a very amusing way. :lol:

Latest posts