Youinns try the sweet tea yet?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
:LOL2:
That is the what waitress down at the restaurant at Dale Hallow asked us! We never heard the term "Youins".

Are any of these worthy of being called "REAL SOUTHERN TEA" I know these have Vodka in them but what the heck.

https://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/07/15/sweet-tea-vodka/

Two types of people; those who live in the South and talk like we do and those who "WISH" they lived here and talked like we do! :-({|= 8)

slabdaddy said:
Two types of people; those who live in the South and talk like we do and those who "WISH" they lived here and talked like we do! :-({|= 8)

AMEN brother. We've got the best of everything. Great fishing, great hunting, southern good ole boys and girls, and the SEC!

This reminds me of a cherry LT I had during my first tour in Iraq. He was from New Jersey that volunteered to go with our unit down here. He kept a notebook in his pocket at all times to write down all of our southern words and phrases.

A few more:
Ya'll - singular - meaning one or two people
Allya'll - plural - meaning the whole group and/or others who aren't even around
fiddina - fixing to, or about to

As for the tea:
Boil two bags of lipton tea in a pot of water. Pour into one gallon pitcher. Add around 3 cups or so of sugar. Fill to tip with water, and stir.

Been a Mid-Atlantic Hillbilly all my life.............don't understand why the rest of the world talks funny.

One of my favorites, can vary by person and/or group:
Momnnem
Jimnnem
Juniornnem

Basically means "someone and them"

I going with Samnnem.

Lol, I bet Tennessee didn't know what to think about a group of Yankees drinkn sweat tea at the holler :LOL2:

And no, real southerns don't mix anything with sweet tea. That sounds like a good fixin for heartburn and mudbutt :LOL2: :LOL2:

Anyhoo, did yall like the tea?

Loggerhead Mike said:
Lol, I bet Tennessee didn't know what to think about a group of Yankees drinkn sweat tea at the holler :LOL2:

And no, real southerns don't mix anything with sweet tea. That sounds like a good fixin for heartburn and mudbutt :LOL2: :LOL2:

Anyhoo, did yall like the tea?

Loved the tea, Hush Puppies, and Catfish fillets! :LOL2:

38 years old, never had any of those things before. I would fit right in except for the Boston accent.

BassAddict said:
Loggerhead Mike said:
Lol, I bet Tennessee didn't know what to think about a group of Yankees drinkn sweat tea at the holler

If memory serves me i think Jim and his cousin were the only Yankees there!

Was that the first night you got in? I can't remember what we did, I think we cooked in the cabin?? But, being as my wife is from Tennessee, I've had tons of that down home cooking and sweet tea over the past 33 years of traveling down there to visit in-laws :)

FishingCop said:
Was that the first night you got in? I can't remember what we did, I think we cooked in the cabin?? But, being as my wife is from Tennessee, I've had tons of that down home cooking and sweet tea over the past 33 years of traveling down there to visit in-laws :)

Think it was the last night the first night I think we bbqed in jims cabin............ All that I remember at this point was it was wet and cold!!!!!

If memory serves me i think Jim and his cousin were the only Yankees there!

When talkin bout anyone and their cousin (from the south).....you could be talkin bout husband and wife from what I've heard. :LOL2: :roll: :LOL2:

Just sayin. :LOL2: :roll: :LOL2:

:LOL2: I put that in the same category as When you hear somthin squealing like a pig you better just mind your own :wink:

Hush puppys and grits are some of our best kept secretes so don't be tellin your buddy's Jim

have ya heard the one about the young lady that came into the dr office all beat to heck . told the dr every time my husband comes home intoxicated he beats me horribly . dr said i have a real good cure for that , just take a glass of sweet tea and start swishin it in you're mouth , just swish and swish but don't swallow until he goes to bed and is asleep .
two weeks later the woman comes back to the dr lookin fresh and reborn . she said dr that was a briliant idea ! every time my husband came home drunk i swished and swished with sweat tea ....and he didn't touch me .
dr said . see how much keeping your f.... mouth shut helps !

go ahead, make fun of us down here in the south. Have NEVER heard of anyone from the south moving up north when they retire. Never could understand what you "northerners" were sayin' anyways with them accents ya'll got. :LOL2:

Sweet tea is a way of life here, as are hush puppies, grits, greens and beans, and cold beer. Life don't get no better.

If I had a house in "HELL" and a "HOME" in New York; think I would go to the "House before I went Home"! :LMFAO: 8)

slabdaddy said:
If I had a house in "HELL" and a "HOME" in New York; think I would go to the "House before I went Home"! :LMFAO: 8)

New York city.......yes I agree! :LOL2:

Upper State New York (Adirondacks), now there I would not mind a cabin on a lake.

Who am I kidding, I would take a cabin on a lake anywhere. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have some family in upstate New York. He has sent me pics of hunting and fishing there, and it seems to be real nice, but dang if it don't get cold up that way. :beer:

Latest posts