took a kid fishing today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovedr79

Reaction score
Well I took a kid fishing today, how first ever time on a boat and first real fishing adventure. Started out with respooling his reel. Went to Walmart for a vest. Went back home to get tackle box...... Saw 4 bald eagles. Started fishing, started him slow with a night crawler. He caught several bluegills. I caught one bass and he was ready. "I want to catch a bass" he wanted to try artificial. I couldn't believe it he was tearing up the smallmouth. He fished even after I put my rods away. Then he really made my day by saying it was the best day of his life. Kid is 9 and has had a rough life kind of. He lives with his grand parents cause his dad is a loser.

He was a trooper! He never once complained. I even let him drive the boat at 3 mph. I was tired, it was 3 he wanted to keep going!

Young fishing partners are great, especially if they really like to fish, they are like sponges when it comes to learning the in's and out's. They are always eager to go, and they make the trip fun because they are so excitable.

Lovedr, I am sure you are making a very big difference in that young mans life! Great job =D>

GREAT JOB!!!!----- sounds like your going to be his "Hero"----- again GREAT JOB my friend =D>

Great job!
I took my neighbor kid fishing a few times, and he loved it. It was his first time fishing, first time on a boat, and probably the first time hes ever been to a lake or state park of any kind. (his parents are trash)
A couple weeks ago, I noticed their cars hadn't been around for awhile and a bunch of junk was sitting out on the curb, including the old fishing pole I gave him. Apparently they picked up and moved one night without telling anyone. The cops had been there a few times, so I'm guessing they are on the run. I feel so sorry for that kid, and don't understand why people choose to lives that they do. I just hope that I gave him at least one good childhood memory.

Latest posts