tip for fishing with a little one

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteMoose

Reaction score
We brought our 9 month old out on my tin for the first time on Fathers Day yesterday. 8)

282684_10150978575427884_1046222076_n.jpg

He loves splashing in the bath tub and it was pretty hot, so I took along big plastic storage tub and filled it with a couple inches of water for him to splash around in while I was fishing. It also served as a play pen and kept him from trying to crawl up the edge of the boat. I suppose this could work in a livewell too, although you might get some dirty looks from people :D

He was content for 2 hours easy while I pulled in red ear sunfish and several 16" bass and my wife read her gossip magazines.

Disclaimer: Obviously you still need to watch them closely, just like if they were in the bath tub at home. He slid down a couple times and needed proped back up, so I might throw in a non-slip bath mat next time.
Now I just need to rig up something for shade. I'm thinking a patio umbrella should fit into my rod holders nicely.

=D> =D> =D>
Congrats man, looks like he had a blast. My daughter is now 27 months and loves the boat. I started her out last year with short trips (1.5 - 2.5 hours) and progressed up each trip. The whole family went out yesterday for 5 hours of lounging, lunching and swimming yesterday. I put a bimini on the boat, it is worth its weight in gold when the kid is onboard (and easily worth the MSRP with just me :lol: ), they get super hot with the big life vests.

Latest posts