What fishing related item(s) have you purchased lately?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wihil

Reaction score
Saw the on another forum, and realized it kept reminding me of thing I just NEED to have - and usually forget about until after I get back from the tackle shop.

Could be anything, for any species - just interested to see what other fishermen/women are buying. For example:

Today I picked up 6 new Storm Smash Shads. Different pattern/rattle than the Flickershad's I used last fall, kind of anxious to get the out trolling.

And more tip up line. Got spooled... #-o :oops:

I picked up two Strike King Bitsy Minnows, Rebel Crickhopper, and a black Rooster Tail today. I'm ready for some bream fishing.

Just ordered from Cabela's; 1 trout net, 2 pairs of nippers, one set of forceps and a new fly box to go with the 26 new flies I just bought from Dick's. I'm getting ready for trout season which opens April 6. Can't get here fast enough.

A spool of Suffix Elite in 12#, a bunch of beads, some Gami Octopus #2's, and clevises.

Guess who's making harnesses tonight....

I wanted a compact way to store some jigs. I bought the panfish wrap below. It seemed like a good idea but the ziplocks don't work very well.
https://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/...0051_548803_-1__?N=272574546&Ntt=wrap&Ntk=All

I should have bought the Extreme 360 Tackle binder below
https://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/...05_-1__?N=272574547&Ntt=tackle+binder&Ntk=All

Then I should have tossed away the ziplock dividers that come with the binder and spent the money for either or the two dividers below.
https://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/...0151_10051_607208_-1?ICID=CRT:0130-40726-1112

or
https://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/...0151_10051_607208_-1?ICID=CRT:0130-40726-1112

Trying to get my spider rig setup and some other gear before spring. In the last few days I've picked up

4 x Pinnacle Tiny Deadbolt Baitcast Reel Right-handed
2 x Mr. Crappie® Slab Shaker™ 12' L Freshwater Graphite Rod
2 x Lew's® Wally Marshall™ Signature Series 14' ML Freshwater Crappie Rod
A Berkley® Havoc Small Tackle Bag
A Humminbird Fishinbuddy 120
2 dozen Yo-Yo's
A Cabela's 12v 8AH battery and charger + 12v to 9v regulator
And assorted sinkers, slip floaters, etc.

Still have to pick up a new battery for the TM before spring.

Hmmmm, group 27 deep cycle battery..two 72" piano hinges, looking at a new trailer today since I broke the tongue on my old one. ](*,)

I broke the tongue trying to free it up where it pivots. It was a tilt trailer and the saltwater corroded the joint together. I just pushed down and it tore the beam in half right where the u-bolt was. Oh well it was on its last leg anyways. I can find another trailer cheaper than having my old one fixed. I will post some pics later in the trailer section when I find a replacement.

Just ordered a CArburator Rebuild kit for my 1957 Johnson 18hp.
Moved the boat into the garage to rebuild the carb, install a car stereo/speakers I have laying around, replace the bow roller, and replace the bow stop.

Plus I need to make up some crawler/sucker harnas rigs for Walley fishing. Going to try and learn to catch Walleye this year.

Seriously considering a drift sock.

Got a Rapala Shad Rap, Jointed Rapala, Jitterbug and Storm Hot 'N Tot for X-Mas. Also grabbed a few more Shad Raps and a jointed Rapala in Pike color from Dicks on sale recently. Seriously thinking about upgrading my F/F this spring too. Currently painting my new bunk boards for the boat, saw some composite garage door liner boards that I'm going to use for slicks, I'll let you know how they work out.

Edit: Forgot, I also bought two new seats for the boat, the basic Wise folding seats. Picked up two from BPS on sale for $19.99 each, simple, sturdy and easy to clean.

Hanr3 said:
Just ordered a CArburator Rebuild kit for my 1957 Johnson 18hp.
Moved the boat into the garage to rebuild the carb, install a car stereo/speakers I have laying around, replace the bow roller, and replace the bow stop.

Plus I need to make up some crawler/sucker harnas rigs for Walley fishing. Going to try and learn to catch Walleye this year.

Seriously considering a drift sock.

Harnesses are super easy to tie up, but don't fall victim to "blade-itis". I've already got more than I use, but that's not stopping me from buying more for some reason.

Also - I LOVE my driftsock, but you can try it out first with a couple 5gal buckets with some holes in them. They'll do the same thing for cheap, but they don't pack down as nice.

On topic - a few more jointed Shadraps, I didn't have the fire/blazing tiger ones yet....

Latest posts