FACEBOOK

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
We have a facebook page please go and Like it: https://www.facebook.com/TinBoats.net

I also have an account finally, friend me if you want. :beer:

You can share topics now, top right of first post in the thread. =D>

Resistance was futile... I despise FB, but gotta admit that it's a great place to keep up with everyone.

I'm not a Facebook user. Don't have an account.

Is the Tinboats.net Facebook content the same as this forum, or does it include threads/posts that are unique to Facebook? I guess what I'm asking is if Facebook is somehow linked to this forum.

Thanks.

LDUBS said:
I'm not a Facebook user. Don't have an account.

Is the Tinboats.net Facebook content the same as this forum, or does it include threads/posts that are unique to Facebook? I guess what I'm asking is if Facebook is somehow linked to this forum.

Thanks.

Every now and then I will post an article from the forum or homepage to facebook. Other than that they are not the same. I try and use Facebook to get folks to come and join/collaborate here.

I'm not hooked up on facebook.
If I haven't talked to someone since high school there's
probably a reason. I don't want to be found and friended!
Another thing I've found with some other organizations
and web sites is once they start on facebook their websites
seem to suffer.
I hope that doesn't happen here.

Steve A W

If I posted on FB would you all see my other posts? I post a lot on political issues and don't want to mix the 2, it only turns off some that might like me and that's not what I'm here for.

Crazyboat said:
If I posted on FB would you all see my other posts? I post a lot on political issues and don't want to mix the 2, it only turns off some that might like me and that's not what I'm here for.
:LOL2: Same here, Im a troll over there. Unless someone specifically searches you out they will not see your posts.

Jim said:
Crazyboat said:
:LOL2: Same here, Im a troll over there. Unless someone specifically searches you out they will not see your posts.
Thanks, will have to check FB but I never even think of boating when there, maybe I can set my mind to remember.

Crazyboat said:

I hate you already...unless we're of the same political ideology. :LOL2:

Seriously though, you should lock down what content is publicly available from your page. It's amazing how much dirt you can dig up on people. Thankfully I share a name with a fashion designer and a fictional character in a mystery novel, so I'm a little more incognito.

Can someone explain what going to the TinBoats FB page will do for me if I already visit here? Is there information there that I can't get here?

Scott F said:
Can someone explain what going to the TinBoats FB page will do for me if I already visit here? Is there information there that I can't get here?

Really nothing, I use facebook to try and drive membership here. So if you are on facebook and like and share some Tinboats post that is how we get folks to join.

Latest posts