Kayak help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
I just got a new kayak and have fished out of it 4 times, all 4 times I have been skunked........ I am an excellent bass fisher so I know its not my technique. It must be the color of my kayak, so what is the best color to paint my kayak for catching fish?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1437617656166.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1437617656166.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,769
Did a little web research and it appears you are correct - that color actually scares fish away.

I suggest that you try either the snow scheme (blue with white) or all black - especially for night fishing. You will be invisible to fish and hopefully other boaters

best place to test this is Manasquan inlet NJ

I doubt it is the kayak. Tell me, do you usually fish from a boat or from shore? As there is a different technique ... from shore waters typically deepens as you go out. So you cast out a lure or pig&jig and let it sink, then bounce it back up the banking.

But fishing from the yak, you're probably out there a bit and casting to shore and if not modifying your casting placement and technique, your lure could be missing the structure.

And I am NOT implying you don't know how to fish, but the scenario above happended to me when I went from saltwater shore fishing to from a yak too. I had to learn different 'presentations'.

For bass, my motto is in this order ... structure - bait - presentation.

Surely you jest....or are a troll.

I've had two LIME green yaks; one white one; and one Mango colored. I can often nearly run into fish in the shallows before they notice my drifting yak.

As they say in golf, or maybe archery........it's not the arrow...it is the Indian.....

richg99

Here are my two kayaks - close to the color of yours - no problems catching fish - just keep at it - yak fishing is great - I am fixing to put a trolling motor on my ascend fs128t to free up my hand while trolling.

Attachments

• kayak 1.png
    kayak 1.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,748
  • kayak.png
    kayak.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,748
I tried bringing a banana fishing thinking it would improve my luck.......

It did not, fish were jumping everywhere mocking me!!!

Maybe I should install a fish finder, I am leaning towards buying this unit because of the easy install

17244-37290-1A-zoomin.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1437652924874.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1437652924874.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,739
You have to write "God, help me" in magic marker on the banana, seal it in a zip lock and keep it in the boat for the season.

This works. Don't ask how I know.

So obviously you have the wrong paint on your kayak. Don't listen to any of these guys, it's definitely the paint. This is what you want to paint on the bottom of your 'yak and all the big Larrys will be jumping in the boat:

not_so_little_mermaid_ii_by_elias_chatzoudis-d63gq5c.jpg

Latest posts