Garmin Oregon 650 on sale!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
On sale for a fantastic price at Cabelas right now. $180 off!

https://www.cabelas.com/product/garmin-reg-oregon-reg-650/1570451.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dgarmin%252B650%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%252BProducts&Ntt=garmin+650

I've been thinking about this. Tempted, but resisting so far.

Does anyone here have one of these? Impression? Online reviews aren't too good. Terrible battery life seems to be one common complaint.

2 out of 3 reviewers had issues with battery life. It's a small unit which means a pretty small battery as well. That would be enough to make me hold off until I could do more research. I was scouting some new woods when my batteries got low. Won't make the mistake of starting a hunt without new batteries again.

My 13 year old Garmin 60cx refuses to die. When or if it ever does I will go Garmin again. Nice unit.

I went for the 600 other than the 650 (they are similar but the 600 has no camera) and am very happy with it after 8 months. The batttery life is just fine and easily covers a day-long hike. I carry some spares for multi-day outings. The feature set is all I could want and it is pretty easy to use after a bit of familiarization. Loading custom maps is easy and they are very good. GPS units lke this don't have the screen resolution or size of a smartphone. And I have only used it for hiking and not in the car. Hope this helps.
Rick

Latest posts