You are getting old

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ttexastom

Reaction score
You are getting old if:
You remember when a coca-cola was 5 cents
Daytime speedlimit on georgia 2 lane roads was 60mph
When the ski type boat was used for fishing
When minnows were 10 cents a dozen

Yahoo! By your reasoning, I’m not old! To me, you are old if you remember seeing the Beatles when they first appeared on Ed Sullivan. Or, if you bought gas for your car and paid less than 30 cents a gallon. Or if your phone number began with a word.

Scott F said:
Yahoo! By your reasoning, I’m not old! To me, you are old if you remember seeing the Beatles when they first appeared on Ed Sullivan. Or, if you bought gas for your car and paid less than 30 cents a gallon. Or if your phone number began with a word.

Wow, I forgot about that until now. Our phone number started with the word "mercury".

Donald Duck is 81 years old! Goofy is 83 -- yuup.

wow - funny that you mention the phone !!!
I am building a custom woodworking bench and just last week
I mounted my family's very first dial type phone to the side (just for prosperity).
yes, the number began with Olympic. To dial, you only used the first two letters
and a number = OL6-XXXX. which was actually 656-XXXX. Outside of your city was "long distance".
we have kept this same number since 1960. it is the last relic of my family that I can hang on to.
Our very first phone was not a dial type. you jiggled the buttons for the operator (like on the Andy Griffith show).
our first number was 1244-Black. then the "Word" designator came in later down the road.
I wonder what it would be like trying to explain to our grandparents how to "text" on a phone !!! that would be a hoot.

phone 002.JPG

phone 003.JPG

and I remember standing in line "forever" with my mother to meet some old
bald guy to shake his hand . . . it was hot on the tarmac of the Orlando airport.
years down the road, I found out that old bald guy was our future president Ike Eisenhower.
My mother collected the I LIKE IKE buttons - which was passed to one of her cousins.

yeap - how time flys !!!!

And a teenage boy could buy 10 Krystal hamburger for a $1.00 and fill completely up.

:LOL2:

Kids these days!

feature333333.jpg

Getting old and living in the past.....

Attachments

• xmas (2).jpg
    xmas (2).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 4,170
  • xmas (3).jpg
    xmas (3).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 4,170
  • xmas (4).jpg
    xmas (4).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 4,170
  • xmas (1).jpg
    xmas (1).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 4,170
How many have ever watched a history program and realized you were a part of it and seems like it was only yesterday? Or you find a photo in a museum, and you're in it.

Ha!

All you youngsters are putting "modern conveniences" on your posts. I laughed when I realized that almost every one of them was considered "New and Modern" as they were introduced while I grew up.

I do remember standing on the sidewalk in front of my best buddy's house, watching his TV through the window. It was and remained for a long time, the ONLY TV in the neighborhood. I'd guess it was the late 40"s or early 50's.

It took our poor family many years to buy a TV. As I remember, it was about 12 inches round. Someone added a device that hung it in front of the TV. It was filled with water, which acted as a lens, and made the picture appear larger.

Nowadays, I'm fascinated by how many topics that I read about every day that I don't understand well at all. Bitcoins and A.I. come to mind.

Oh, our first phone number that I remember was Pennsylvania 6-5000.

richg99 said:
Ha!
Oh, our first phone number that I remember was Pennsylvania 6-5000.

Are you sure they was YOUR number? Glen Miller did a song called Pennsylvania 6-5000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_muFwwTSMs

I started feeling old when Long forgotten injuries from high school sports came back as arthritis. I’m 35 and the cheapest gas I can remember was $0.77 a gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts