Hello - It's been a while

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrandpaMike

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I posted so I just wanted to say "hello". I hope you are all having a great summer. It's going fast! Lots happening here. Some of you may remember that I got my first boat early this Spring. While working on it to put in a seat, I encountered some defective stainless steel bolts. The nuts started easily by hand but seized halfway down the threads. When trying to remove one that had seized, I tore my bicep tendon. After physical therapy, with no improvement, I had surgery last week to repair it. It was my left arm so I could not steer my tiller motor and I have been unable to get the boat out except for a couple times early this Spring. Should be back in action in 4 to 5 weeks.

On some positive notes, my daughter and son in law bought their first home so I was helping them remodel it (as best I could with one and a half arms) before the surgery, my son and daughter-in-law gave me a new grandson in July, and my wife made it through her fifth year cancer-free after her treatment, so we can officially say she is "cured"! So I have had a great summer in spite of my little setback!

So again, just wanted to say "hello" and share a little news. Hoping to get the arm back for some Fall fishing.

Best wishes to you all!
-Mike-

Congratulations to your wife. From one cancer surviver to another.
Have your son in law drive the boat while you have a beer and catch fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear that things are going well for you and your family. Hope the muscle repair heals quickly. My wife had a successful cancer surgery last year and things are looking real good.

I'm still waiting for grandchildren. Don't know what the deal is as I'm pretty sure I explained how all that worked when they were younger. Haha

GrandpaMike said:
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I posted so I just wanted to say "hello". I hope you are all having a great summer. It's going fast! Lots happening here. Some of you may remember that I got my first boat early this Spring. While working on it to put in a seat, I encountered some defective stainless steel bolts. The nuts started easily by hand but seized halfway down the threads. When trying to remove one that had seized, I tore my bicep tendon. After physical therapy, with no improvement, I had surgery last week to repair it. It was my left arm so I could not steer my tiller motor and I have been unable to get the boat out except for a couple times early this Spring. Should be back in action in 4 to 5 weeks.

On some positive notes, my daughter and son in law bought their first home so I was helping them remodel it (as best I could with one and a half arms) before the surgery, my son and daughter-in-law gave me a new grandson in July, and my wife made it through her fifth year cancer-free after her treatment, so we can officially say she is "cured"! So I have had a great summer in spite of my little setback!

So again, just wanted to say "hello" and share a little news. Hoping to get the arm back for some Fall fishing.

Best wishes to you all!
-Mike-

Mike,
sorry to hear about your set back, but glad things are looking up.

I haven't been out much this season for different reasons. Mainly my motor
has been problematic. Now with a brand new motor, now the boat is leaking.
Bad luck, huh?

Anyway, if I recall correctly, you're from around the cities?
If you need a pilot getting to the honey holes, send me a PM.
I have some vacation time coming up labor day week.
Take care.

jasper

Latest posts