EIGHTY-EIGHT POUND CATFISH CAUGHT in KY!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The link didn't work but I managed to find it on Google. I liked how she was literally jumping up and down with excitement right at the beginning of the video. Report I read said they released it.

That is one big catfish!

LDUBS,

Surely is. - Believe it or NOT, I once (25+ years ago) SAW one larger than that, by probably 40-50#.
(NOPE. I didn't catch it. - I just saw it swim by.)

yours, tex

KMixon,

In my commercial fishing days of LONG ago, they were called: HOGS. = Blues that big are NOT good eating & thus, hard to sell, too.

BIG flatheads, AKA: Yellow Cats, are OK, though.

yours, tex

Billplayfoot,

Fwiw, BLUE & FLATHEAD catfish grow MUCH bigger than that. - The largest Blue that I know of was caught by a commercial netter in SC. - It weighed over 120#.

I once SAW a catfish, that swam past my little 10-foot pram that was more than HALF as long as the boat. - I would guess that it was at least 6 feet long & VERY wide.

Also, the late SCOTT R. BROWNING, who was the "underwater pipeline inspector" for Lone Star Steel Company & used SCUBA gear in his job said that there were catfish LARGER than he was (at 6' 3" & well over 220 pounds), "laying under the pipeline" & he also said, "I always detoured around them, as a catfish that size can drown a fellow."

yours, satx

Latest posts