Awful wreck in my yard this morning

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

water bouy

Reaction score
This morning a car left the road and hit the tree in my yard after hitting a pole and killing a woman waiting for the bus. He left no skids marks meaning he hit everything at full speed. One wheel landed 8 ft up the tree and the motor and transmission came out of the car. Somehow the driver lived. A ten foot piece of the pole snapped away from the rest of the pole. It sounded like a bomb went off. Awful day.

wreck.jpg

Wow, my guess is the driver was not paying attention and hopefully it wasn't a cell phone distraction. Regardless, it's scary as heck when someone can do something like this and ruin a bunch of lives. I don't want to guess what really happened but keep us filled in and thankfully you and your family is ok. I feel bad for the person (and their family) who did not survive. :cry:

Wow, that is just a little too close to home. It is always terrible to hear of such a seemingly random accident and loss. I'm sorry you and your family had to experience it right in your front yard. Take care.

Thanks everyone. I could tell that poor woman died instantly. I'm waiting to hear back from the city about moving that bus stop. Every year or two someone loses control around that curve and jumps the curb. One drove his truck into the church and a guy on a motorcycle died several years before that.

Attachments

• wreck 2.jpg
    wreck 2.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 1,191
Personally, I'd suspect alcohol was involved, and not on the part of the woman at the bus stop.

Roger

Latest posts