New member, catching the fever again

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fordtech86

Reaction score
Thank y’all for having me here. I used to lurk here a few years ago but have been boatless for about 3 years. Previously owned a Lund pro v 1700 with a 115 Yamaha and a 1648 Lund flat bottom with 25 mercury 2 stroke.

So now I’m getting the fever again and my son (5 yr old) is also getting very interested in fishing.

When I sold my Lowe I kept the 25 Mercury, so I was originally looking for a new boat to put that on. Went to the war eagle dealer to look at a 548. It had the factory floor, livewell, trolling motor mount, and pre wired. Also the short transom that I need for my 25. I liked the boat but it looks like it may be a little heavy for my 25. Boat is rated for 40hp.

So that lead to looking at another 548 with the tall transom and getting a new 40 hp Yamaha. This boat didn’t have the floor or the extras. That doesn’t bother me that much because I rigged out my other boats and would actually prefer to do it my way (although I wish it had the factory floor in it.

Questions I have are 1) would the 25 be questionable on the first boat, and 2) what kinda of performance would I expect out of the second boat with the 40?

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts