transom height

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conv1900

Reaction score
Hi
I was wandering if anyone happens to know ,when setting up outboard motor height. is the extruded keel on a deep v such as a Lund, StarCraft, Lowe Ect.
Part of the transom height or just ignore extruded keel? The reason I asked is on these boats the extruded keel is about 1" below bottom.....

Thanks for any input...…..G :?: :?:

I set the cavitation plate level to the bottom of the boat and the prop cavitated. In my case I did not take the keel into account when I measured. Dropped the motor 3/4 in to adjust for the keel and no more problem. I expect each set up is different. From now on I’ll consider the keel the bottom of the boat when adjusting motor height.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Jon boat with a 15" transom, powered by a motor with an 18" leg. So I raised the motor up with 2x2 aluminum square, and now the cavitation plate is about 1 1/2" below the bottom of the boat. Seems to run okay like that. How important is it to be level with the bottom of the boat?

Latest posts