Fishing shorts/pants..a new good idea ( I think)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Blessed with living in Texas during the Winter months, I wear fishing shorts 10 or more months out of the year. Being the cheapskate that I am, when I had to buy some new shorts (Keto diet!!) I went to my friendly local WalMart.

Today I found some Wrangler brand shorts with a new additional pocket. They called it a "Tech Pocket".

Bottom line is that it is an easily accessed cell-phone pocket. I carry my phone all of the time when I fish in my tinny. I use it to snap quick pictures of my occasional catches. I used to carry the phone in a shirt pocket for easy access.

After dropping my phone into a toilet bowl one day ( it was CLEAN WATER ) I have been forced to keep the phone in my pants pocket. The pants pocket was a PIA for easy access while holding a fish in one hand.

This new creation of Wranger's is GREAT. The phone slips in and out, yet it couldn't fall out with any normal use.
$18.00 bucks for a new set of fishing shorts, and no more worries about losing my phone. I like it!

richg99

Attachments

• tech pocket pix - Edited.jpg
    tech pocket pix - Edited.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 699
"God's Waiting Room" Ha Ha I hadn't heard that one.

Now that I've reached the magic old age of 80, I am just trying to keep ahead of him. He, however, knows where I am anytime he wants me.

I am going to WEAR out, not RUST out!

richg99

About 20 years ago I had Dickey brand pants and shorts that had a cell phone pocket in the same location.

You know, I bought some dark blue shorts from Walmart about 10 years ago and they are still going strong. I mean at this point they are kinda limited to yard work, but they are still holding up.

I like the cell pocket design in general, but maybe not for fishing. I usually keep my cell phone on a selfie stick just to avoid getting fish slime all over it. Wasn't a problem today because I got skunked. <sigh>

"About 20 years ago I had Dickey brand pants and shorts that had a cell phone pocket in the same location"

And here I thought I found something new.

However, if you had a cell phone pocket 20 years ago, it must have fit a flip phone, not the phone biggies of today.

richg99 said:
"About 20 years ago I had Dickey brand pants and shorts that had a cell phone pocket in the same location"

And here I thought I found something new.

However, if you had a cell phone pocket 20 years ago, it must have fit a flip phone, not the phone biggies of today.
I used the cell phone pocket to carry a roll of masking tape and a tape measurer as my flip phone would fall out when working.
I still have a few pair of the pants I will see if a my girl friends Samsung S8+ fill fit in the pocket.

I never wear shorts or even short sleeves while fishing. Too much sun would fry me. The long, lightweight, quick dry pants I wear have always had extra pockets where I could keep my phone and I never get sunburned or, risk getting skin cancer.

Scott F said:
I never wear shorts or even short sleeves while fishing. Too much sun would fry me. The long, lightweight, quick dry pants I wear have always had extra pockets where I could keep my phone and I never get sunburned or, risk getting skin cancer.

I used to wear shorts when I fished the North Aurora dam for walleye or the Kankakee for smallies. Old Bolingbrook guy here

Truth be told, with legs like mine I probably shouldn't wear shorts, but instead I just use copious amounts of sunscreen.

It seems like half the folks I know are on the Keto diet that Rich mentioned. It seems to work pretty well.

Latest posts