Bass fishing magazines??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I have long left fishing magazines, specifically bass fishing mags alone. I really can't relate to tournament fishing, either pro or amateur. I don't have or want an 60,000 dollar boat that goes mach1 and can carry 500 lbs of tackle. I don't like the fireworks...and all the pomp and circumstance that goes along with pro level bassing. Nothing against it all, just isn't my thing. Anyone know or read a fishing magazine that isn't all about that? Just fishing in aluminum boats or other small craft? Sort of a weekend warrior kind of type of deal? If like to read articles written by everyday guys who just fish for fun and relaxation...not make a living at it. Again, I've nothing against it all, just tired of it.

Mack's Lures has a magazine called Mack Attack that you can sign up for and receive for free (on line). Of course it is mostly about using their products, but I've enjoyed many of the articles. Warning -- it isn't about ditch pickles (er, I mean Large Mouths). Lol.

You know, maybe we just need to get everyone to post more here under the Fishing Reports section. More details the better.

Printed magazines are soon to be extinct. The cost of printing and mailing, the lack of paid advertising and the rapid decrease in subscribers is killing the business. Those that are still going are not much more than expanded brochures for the advertisers. The information about small time fishermen with small boats except maybe for kayakers, doesn’t attract advertisers. The internet and YouTube have tons of “articles” about exactly what you are looking for.

Yeah, I see all of your points. Advertisement and all that. I guess what I'm talking about and wishing for is a thing of the past. Best reading about fishing is right here for the most part. Good points made here guys. Thanks..

Latest posts