Looking Ahead

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdn1972

Reaction score
Looking ahead to spring and my new project a 14 ft aluminum boat never wired for anything but 6v Nav lights. My first wire will run the new key switch which will control the electric start etc, then feed the Nav lights, Fish finder what else?. The boat will be wired direct for Radio, and Auto Bilge pump. The electric trolling motor will be switched at the battery......am i missing anything?

cdn1972 said:
Looking ahead to spring and my new project a 14 ft aluminum boat never wired for anything but 6v Nav lights. My first wire will run the new key switch which will control the electric start etc, then feed the Nav lights, Fish finder what else?. The boat will be wired direct for Radio, and Auto Bilge pump. The electric trolling motor will be switched at the battery......am i missing anything?

My boat has everything separately switched and fused /or breakers just because I (and about every boat maker on the planet does it) think it's right.

In your case, what if the pump float fails? no bypass? I'm thinking that the start switch should do that and leave the lights and FF at minimum for their own point of power.

How about a horn? USB charger port? Courtesy lights? Voltmeter? Baitwell / bucket aerator?

Some good points, and yes every circuit fused alone for sure. Horn is a good point i missed as i should add one and that would apply only when key is on. No need for live well as i don't keep what i catch, and no need for USB when i retire the first thing gone into the lake from my life is my phone......lived the first 45 years of my 60 years unplugged and looking froward to the last part unplugged but i get where you are coming from.

cdn1972 said:
Some good points, and yes every circuit fused alone for sure. Horn is a good point i missed as i should add one and that would apply only when key is on. No need for live well as i don't keep what i catch, and no need for USB when i retire the first thing gone into the lake from my life is my phone......lived the first 45 years of my 60 years unplugged and looking froward to the last part unplugged but i get where you are coming from.

Keep the phone. Take pic's of the fish you catch. Upload them to TinBoats Fishing Reports!

We just changed carriers which meant I had to buy a new phone. Guy asked me how I use the phone. I said to talk to my wife and take pictures of fish. haha.

gnappi said:
cdn1972 said:

My boat has everything separately switched and fused /or breakers just because I (and about every boat maker on the planet does it) think it's right.

In your case, what if the pump float fails? no bypass? I'm thinking that the start switch should do that and leave the lights and FF at minimum for their own point of power.

How about a horn? USB charger port? Courtesy lights? Voltmeter? Baitwell / bucket aerator?

Gnapppi, I tried to find your post showing the switch/control panel your built but didn't have any luck. Can you repost here or provide a link. Thanks.

Sorry about detouring this thread.

cdn1972 said:

Fishing without disturbances is a laudable point for sure, but emergencies can happen and even on the off chance you need it communications may save more than time.

Latest posts