Trivia Game Query

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTS225

Reaction score
Has anybody ever taken an I.Q. test? The reason I ask is that I've noticed an increase in my scores, and am starting to conclude that the game has a lot to do with logical thinking, rather than actual knowledge, and I've heard that an I.Q. test is based like-wise.

Any opinions?

Roger

Those who know about these things claim that IQ stays about the same throughout your life and that an IQ tests measure intelligence, not learned knowledge.

I don't know if that's true or not.

Well, I'm not an expert and am not likely to ever be a member of Mensa.

I agree with maintenance guy. Trivia game scores might be enhanced by a knowledge of things - experience, education, understanding, memory etc. The IQ test seems to be a measure of brain power. Of course having brain power would immensely help with the other, but I'm the last one to ask about that. Haha

maintenanceguy said:
Those who know about these things claim that IQ stays about the same throughout your life and that an IQ tests measure intelligence, not learned knowledge.

I don't know if that's true or not.

I agree.

I joined Mensa when I was much younger. Wanted to see if I could get in and I did. I passed with the absolute lowest IQ score that let you in the door. If I had gotten one point lower, I would have been rejected- which made me the dumbest guy in the smart guy club.

They had monthly meet and greets. There was a guy from the organization that used to leave an invite on my answering machine every month in haiku. I went once. Very strange crowd. Everybody spent most of the evening trying to show off how smart they were. I did not renew my membership.

maintenanceguy said:
I joined Mensa when I was much younger. Wanted to see if I could get in and I did. I passed with the absolute lowest IQ score that let you in the door. If I had gotten one point lower, I would have been rejected- which made me the dumbest guy in the smart guy club.

They had monthly meet and greets. There was a guy from the organization that used to leave an invite on my answering machine every month in haiku. I went once. Very strange crowd. Everybody spent most of the evening trying to show off how smart they were. I did not renew my membership.

I took an online pre-test, kind of a sampler I guess, and missed quite a few questions. There seemed to be a lot of relationship type questions. I thought I would do pretty well on those but was stumped by quite a few. I know for certain I couldn't come anywhere near achieving a 98th percentile score on the qualifying IQ test. Kind of a good thing in my mind because if I was in the 98th percentile of brain power then we are in big trouble. hahaha

Latest posts