Today may be the day... Xpress 1546D

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

russ010

Reaction score
I'm going today to look at a new (well, new to me) boat... posting on craigslist said it was a 14' all welded.. that has got to be atleast a 42 or 48" floor if the max hp rating is 25hp right?

I called last night and the lady didn't know what the floor width was, but she did say it was very stable in the water.... so we'll soon see.. I'll post again tonight when I get home with it (if it's worth the $1200 she's asking).

I don't think they make an all welded less than 42". That will be sweet man! Hope you get it.

haha... the Russ and Tiffany Navy.. now that's something to think about...

I've actually already sold my 1236... and he's already paid me half up front to hold it for him. It's a young guy from my bass club and I'm trying to do all that I can to help him purchase his first boat... so he's paying me as he gets paid.

Congrats..maybe:)
Bring a camera,post some pictures.

I doubt I'll be able to bring it home with me today because of the rain. The owner called and asked what kind of truck I had because of where it is located in their yard. I told them I would just wait and pull it out later this week if the ground is bad... but I will take my camera and take pictures of it. Only bad thing is it's over 2 hours from the house - and I will have to drive right back through Atlanta with that thing in tow through traffic... I would much rather wait til later this week and pull it home during the night hours.

I'm bout to head out - keep your fingers crossed!

Well... Tiffany and I took the plunge!

Turns out, this boat is a 1999 model Xpress Boat by Alumaweld. And I do believe this thing may be too heavy to pull with my truck - but by God I'm going to try. I didn't bring it home yet, but I do have pictures. I forgot to look at the placard in the boat, but I'm pretty sure it's a 1546D model, but the length across the gunwhales was more on this boat.

Total Length - 15' (well... 14'6", but I think they call it a 15')
Floor Width - 46"
Gunwhales - 68-69"
forgot to look at the depth, but it's nice. There is a carpeted floor in it, and even though it's marine plywood, I'm going to take it out because I swear it was holding a ton of water and that might be part of the problem why I couldn't lift the tongue.

I'm going to pick it up later this week and the first thing I'm going to do is take it straight to a car wash and get rid of the mildew and trash.

Here she is.....

DSCF0961.jpg

DSCF0962.jpg

DSCF0963.jpg

DSCF0964.jpg

DSCF0967.jpg

DSCF0968.jpg

DSCF0973.jpg

DSCF0975.jpg

DSCF0980.jpg

DSCF0981.jpg

DSCF0971.jpg

WOW

If it comes with that sweet net you got the deal of the year :mrgreen:

Show us the cleaned up photos, i think I saw a 3 lb LM bass hiding in the rear corner

Don't be hating on the sweet net Ahab. [-X I use the very same one, and it has landed everthing from 24 inch seatrout to 4 pound largemouths, and tons of smaller fish that were barely hooked.

You made out like a bandit on that. I hold Xpress boats in very high regard. Shame you aren't putting an outboard on it, and using it to the fullest of its abilities. Whats the new truck gonna be? :lol: (Your wife probably doesn't want to hear that).

You going with wood again, or are you going to make the plunge for aluminum on that baby?

I'm going to hold off on mods for right now... I used all of my boat fund to pay for that one.. next purchase will be a brute front trolling motor. I think I'm going to go with the 65# Minn Kota.

Eventually I'm going to sell my 55# and 50# thrust on the back and put me an 85# or larger back there and be done.

The rod box he built will be coming out too. I checked it and he didn't use pressure treated anywhere luckily. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet so I'm going to fish it a few times and save up and go the aluminum route for this mod (atleast that's my plan)...

There are so many possibilities, but with these tournaments I really won't have the time to do anything until October. A new paint job is in store for it too - and I'll probably do the electric blue again, but I'm not sure. Only time will tell...

Awesome. That thing will clean up nicely. I'm sure that the floor, rod box and misc trolling motors is about half your weight.

I've got some left over aluminum (angle and square) to help you out with when you get to that point.

Xpress are fantastic boats. I think you will really like it.

You definitely need to nix that camo job. :lol:

I can't believe how some people treat their stuff. That thing still has a depth finder mounted on the front of it. :shock:

That boat shouldn't weigh that much. My boat is a lot bigger than that and I can pick up the tongue. Looking at the photos, I bet the wood and any foam underneath is saturated and there is about another 200 lbs of crud underneath the floor.

What kind of truck do you have? I used to pull my ski boat with a 4 cylinder ranger. It didn't like it... but it did it.

Ive got a 95 Nissan Pickup - 4banger... it doesn't like my 1236, but it deals with it -- it's just gonna have to hold on for a little while til I save up a little more for another truck.

Here's another pic of the fish finder... I don't know if it still works or not, but we'll see. I'm getting extra batteries, seats, and a ton of other stuff.

Turns out her husband is overseas and has been since Feb... but this boat hasn't been registered since 2004. I hope it wont be that big of a deal here in GA to register. I don't think it will, but we'll see.

DSCF0966.jpg

DSCF0970.jpg

Nice find Russ!

Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Awesome, congrats. As for registration check with motor vehicles but usually you should get a notarized bill of sale, and maybe she can even renew reg. or transfer the title. It won't be hard, just be persistent! Again, congrats!

Congrats!!
Like Quackrstackr said, and I agree that it's all probably saturated.
If you could go back and make a trash run, or atleast pick up the front so it can drain, you'll lighten it up quite a bit.
Maybe the owner would let you leave the trash and old carpet there for garbage pickup day?
Looking forward to see how good it cleans up.

Russ,
Congrats, I think you got a deal right there =D>. Those are great boats, she should serve you well. I can already overlook all the trash, dirt, and grime; the possibilities are endless with no center bench, seat mounts, and front platform in place. Can't wait to see it as well as the mods you come up with. I have a feeling that the cooler livewell will be going bye bye, ha ha. Do you plan on fishing out of it this weekend?

No, I doubt I'll have it ready to go for this weekend. I need to get another trolling motor for the front first and rip out all that water logged carpet and wood. If I had it at my house right now I might would have it ready, but since my boat is itching for one last trip I'll probably take her out again.

I'm going to keep the cooler for a little while... then I'm probably going to get my Bro-in-law to make me one out of sheet aluminum, or I'll get one of those FishMatePro livewells..

grizzly said:
that will be a nice boat, and that wiring in the battery picture looks like fun to figure out!

I'll redo all of the wiring... no way am I going to try and figure that mess out. If you think it looks bad in the pic, you should see it up close. That's just one cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts