1981 Bass Tracker II

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My unsolicited $0.02 FWIW:

That block behind the bow hook looks rather small - these boats were made of a thinner gauge aluminum than later trackers, if Tracker had a large surface area behind the hook distributing that pulling load I'd stick with a similar design. Ugly as it was it wasn't done by accident.

Onthewater, I appreciate your input. The reason I went with that block is there was really no easy way of replacing the existing support. The block really spreads the load out over a pretty fair amount of surface (yah not as much as the old design) but it is really solid. The way I see it, it's 10x better than how it was (all rotted out with little support) and it was holding up then. I will monitor it though especially once the boat has more weight in it

I'm working on the same hull & saw that thing & was scratching my head at it too - but thankfully mine is solid so I'm just leaving it alone.

onthewater102 said:
Did either of you happen to save any of those original tracker seats? I'm trying to use my original Tracker III casting seats for the on-the-move seating in my design but I need a 3rd seat for my design.
Are you still looking for seats? I picked up another tracker last night. These are the seats that were in it.

Attachments

• IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,620
Boat is semi-finished. Did a bit of a marathon to get it fishable for the summer...
Also got a good deal on a 55lb Maxxum

and christened it with a muskie on the first trip out

the welds on each side of the splashwell that connect it to the gunwale had to be cut. You can see this in the 3rd picture on the first post of this thread. I think there was nothing more than a couple screws holding it on to the back of the transom. It cost $50 to have these rewelded when the new transom was in.

Latest posts