New member with new modified boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Reaction score
After reviewing hundreds of ideas on this website, I bought a 1540 alumacraft and decked it out.
Still have a few things to complete but boat is 98% done.....
Started with bare jon boat, built aluminum tubing frame, added livewell etc, and covered with exterior grade plywood and carpet. Whew, it was a larger project than I thought, but now my son & I can bass fish in comfort.....see pictures below....

Attachments

• DSC01830-1.jpg
    DSC01830-1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,658
  • DSC01824-1.jpg
    DSC01824-1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,658
  • DSC01827-1.jpg
    DSC01827-1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,658
  • DSC01832-1.jpg
    DSC01832-1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,658
  • DSC01860-1.jpg
    DSC01860-1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,658
  • DSC01859-1.jpg
    DSC01859-1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,658
  • DSC01861-1.jpg
    DSC01861-1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,658
  • DSC01866-1.jpg
    DSC01866-1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,658
  • DSC01867-1.jpg
    DSC01867-1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,658
I think you have the same livewell that I ordered from FishmatePro... how are you draining the water out of yours? I still haven't figured out how I want to do it yet.

im curious about the livewell as well... i have a 32 in from fishmate coming (hopefully... its been 3 months... I'll never EVER recommend them to anyone)

I did buy this from Fishmate, but when I inquired about pricing etc, they told me about a couple of returns
that could be bought for less.......so, I bought a 40" for a little less money (It BARELY fit into my boat) & got it very fast. I did have to put some JB Weld on the rivet/spot weld joints for the separator plate to stop two very small leaks. So far, I'm happy with the purchase......now just have to fill it with fish! 8)

yea... I've been waiting for my livewell since May. FedEx apparently lost it the first time, and the second time they had the floods so he told me they had to scrap all of the aluminum. 3 weeks ago he told me he hoped to have it ready last week - haven't heard anything.

But it's already paid for... so I'm just in hurry up and wait mode. Only bad thing about it was I was hoping to have it in time to mod before it got too cold. Oh well - that doesn't seem to be happening. And I have to wait to get it before I can start modding because all of my mods are going to built around it.

I got the 40" version too... but the floor of my boat is 46"

How all do you have it set to drain water, recirculate and all that? Didn't see it in all the pics

Well I had a choice of putting the inlet/outlet in the sides or raise the floor and go out the transom.....hoses wouldn't fit under ribs of boat......so I went out the sides.....used plenty of 5200 and so far no problems.
I have a fresh water inlet pump coming in one side, and a pumpout/aerator combo going out the other (plus an overflow tied in with it). I wish the livewell had a recessed drain area...it's totally flat so it tends to leave a small amount of water in the livewell. :cry:

fedex tried to deliver something today but i wasnt home.. it **** well better have been my livewell. They jacked me around saying someone had pnemonia and then the hinges were back ordered and blah blah blah. Horrible guys to do business with. Took me 3 calls to even get a status update, each time taking my name and number and never calling back.

If its not my livewell when fedex comes on Monday, I'm calling and getting my money back.

Let this be a lesson to everyone here... don't do business with fishmatepro... [-X

by the way sniper, whered you get the hatches? They look like the match the livewell pretty good (am I correct or is it just the pics?)

I wasn't leaning towards figuring out how to make some flush hatches, but if you found some that match pretty good I might have to take the easy(ier) was out...

I think they are Tempress, I bought them from a local Mercury dealer......
They are ok, if I ever re-work the deck I will make my own......

I didn't really keep track of how many feet of tubing, but I believe around 8 full length tubes (8 ft lg).
You also need a couple of pc's of 1" aluminum angle. The angle is cut into 1" pc's for attaching everything together with pop rivets.

Latest posts