Robr3004's Tracker 1436 Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robr3004

Reaction score
So last weekend I picked up my new Tracker 1436, did a lot of planning this week and hope to get everything done this weekend. Unfortunately I'm crammed for time, so for now I'm just installing decks on the floor that are removable. Eventually, I'll put in raised decks with storage.

Here's what I have to install so far:

- Minn Kota Bow Mount PowerDrive V2 55lbs with 60amp Breaker and Quick Release plate
- Minn Kota Transom Mount 50lbs trolling motor with 50amp Breaker. Used mostly for a rudder and cruising across a lake.
- Eagle 320c fishfinder with 5amp Fuse
- 2 12 Volt Everlast Maxx 29D batteries to be connected in parallel
- Guest 2 bank (5amp per bank) on board charger
- Anchor Mate and Anchor
- 3/4 Plywood and Outdoor Carpet for decking
- 9" seat posts, base plates and folding seats
- Berkley Fishing Pole mounts
- Emergency fold up oar and life vest.

Picking up the new boat
4505785384_5d6f150166.jpg

Electrical Layout
4501410782_695ec94c54.jpg

Front Decking Supports:
4509508706_1bceb703bb.jpg

4508870943_8537be58e2.jpg

Bus Bar's, Trolling Motor Quick Connect and Fish Finder Wired.
4513195820_bce1da3aac.jpg

Trolling Motor Mounted on Quick Release Plate
4512549705_fe7aa588d0.jpg

Fish Finder Mounted and Wired
4512552165_bd3774cee4.jpg

Foot Control and Power connected. Everything is powered and working
4513196662_1b5ca42c78.jpg

Batteries and On board charger connected and wired.
4513198288_b2d92ae0ed.jpg

Just a quick view of everything installed excepts one of the battery box covers
4512550523_d9dcae9876.jpg

looks good man..

One thing you can do if you want to use both motors while going long distances, is install this switch between the negative line on your trolling motor. The switch has 2 wires coming out of it. You cut the negative on your trolling motor in half. The 2 wires will be placed 1 - going to your trolling motor, and 2 - going to the negative on the battery. Then you can leave the rear trolling motor on, and steer with the front trolling motor -- and you can turn the rear on from the front with this switch. https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/...1_16071_225001000_225000000_225001000_225-1-0

The only thing I would recommend doing though is taking your batteries out of parallel... You won't be using the rear that much, so you are always guaranteed to have a dang near fresh battery all the time if your front one gets weak.

With two 50#+ minn kotas that 1436 is gonna make a wake :D . I have a 55# edge on my 1448 and itll sling you out of the boat. Make sure your sitting down

I like the idea about using the switch for the rear trolling motor, but for the most part, I take my time fishing and I'm not looking to jet across the lake unless I'm fishing after work in which case I always fish with my coworker who can man the rear trolling motor. In fact, if I didn't already own the rear motor, I wouldn't get one.

Good point on not running the batteries in parallel. Now I'm thinking of investing it a battery switch so I can just switch between batteries instead of disconnecting everything. Off to research a battery switch.

Thanks for the tips, you have been a great help to my project.

Here is one switch I found.

https://www.amazon.com/Guest-2110A-Alternator-Disconnect-Continuous/dp/B000NI38BW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1270841011&sr=8-1

nathanielrthomas said:
With two 50#+ minn kotas that 1436 is gonna make a wake :D . I have a 55# edge on my 1448 and itll sling you out of the boat. Make sure your sitting down
Yeah....I defiantly need to keep the throttle setting in mind when using the motor. I can see it now....I cruise across the lake at full speed, forget to throttle it down and decide to make a turn, hit the pedal and fly off the boat. :lol:

Thanks Guys....I can't wait to get on the water. It's an upgrade from my old rig, a modified Coleman Crawdad:

4506226442_7668ca2250_o.jpg

robr3004 said:
Thanks Guys....I can't wait to get on the water.
I've been saying that for over a month now! For some foolish reason after I bought mine I thought I would be on the water by the end of the week, now over a month later its still dry!

sturdi87 said:
robr3004 said:
Thanks Guys....I can't wait to get on the water.
I've been saying that for over a month now! For some foolish reason after I bought mine I thought I would be on the water by the end of the week, now over a month later its still dry!

Well I need to be ready for the water by Sunday, because I go away for travel for work and when I come back I go for my annual guys only camping and fishing trip. Even if we just use the transom mount motor, we are taking the boat out.

Well Day 1 on the build wasn't too bad. Built the decking, carpeted it and started on the electrical which took the most time since I wasn't sure where I was going to route the wires and mount the Bus Bar's and Breakers. Had to make a few trips to the store for electrical parts. Here are some pictures:

Here is a quick picture of the decking in place. Still needs to be secured.
4508870943_8537be58e2.jpg

More detailed pictures are here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/robr3004/sets/72157623815571782/

hey rob, that is my exact boat. I just want to know how you built the front deck for the bow mount trolling motor. I am kind of confused how to do that.

thanks

I actually have the same boat as well how do you plan on attaching the wood to the bench seats? not quite sure what to use its pretty thin metal to screw too

cali27 said:
hey rob, that is my exact boat. I just want to know how you built the front deck for the bow mount trolling motor. I am kind of confused how to do that.

I cut the decking so that it overlaps the front lip of the boat and the sides. I then took a 2X4, cut off about 1/4 of an inch on the long edge and secured it to the small bench with L brackets. That's as far as I got, but I plan to screw it into the front lip and then into the 2x4's. Here is a closer look at the 2x4's:

4509508706_1bceb703bb.jpg

BassinFool said:
I actually have the same boat as well how do you plan on attaching the wood to the bench seats? not quite sure what to use its pretty thin metal to screw too
I'm going to drill some pilot holes and then use #12 screws and along the edges. I'm just using screws to keep it from sliding. When I get my seat post mounts, then I'll use some toggle bolts which will might it more secure.

cali27 said:
one more thing rob, did you just lay the plywood right on top of the ribs. Did you secure down or no.
I did not secure the floors to the boat because I tend to drop stuff and I wanted to be able to quickly remove the decking to get stuff out that made it's way underneath. Also, I screwed supports to the bottom of the decks to give them extra support so they are wobble free when standing on them. I'll take some pictures today so you can get a better look.

robr3004 said:
cali27 said:
one more thing rob, did you just lay the plywood right on top of the ribs. Did you secure down or no.
I did not secure the floors to the boat because I tend to drop stuff and I wanted to be able to quickly remove the decking to get stuff out that made it's way underneath. Also, I screwed supports to the bottom of the decks to give them extra support so they are wobble free when standing on them. I'll take some pictures today so you can get a better look.

That would be awesome, pics would be great. Thanks for your help, I hope mine turns out as good as yours looks.

Latest posts