My fisher 16ft Jon boat conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice rig HGB and welcome to TinBoats.

If the angle is steel (I'm assuming because they look rusty), you may consider swapping it out with aluminum any where you mounted the steel directly to aluminum.

I like the Mod V's!

Thanks for your comment and yes it is steel, it is scrap steel from my machine shop (look in the background) and i will be changing it soon, it was just temp. Cheers!

-Kody

I didn't mention, but the move to replace the steel with aluminum isn't cosmetic, it is that the steel will corode your aluminum hull if you don't.

I need a shop like that right now to work in! 8)

Your trailer is sorta similar to mine... one thing I'd suggest to do to the trailer, is put some of that steel angle you got underneath the tongue in about a 6' length... my boat is front heavy, and it has but a downward bow in the tongue.

Boat looks great!

What do you mean looks familiar? :shock: You dont live around the Toano Williamsburg area do you? And if you do that means your probably fishing at Diaschund reservour.
Cheers.
-Kody

When you replace the steel with aluminum, also get rid of the PT Wood as it will also react very poorly with your hull. :wink:

Home Grown Basser said:
What do you mean looks familiar? :shock: You dont live around the Toano Williamsburg area do you? And if you do that means your probably fishing at Diaschund reservour.
Cheers.
-Kody

I mean we have identical boats.

Definitely ditch the PT wood. There's pitting on my bench seats from the last guy who put PT wood in.

Oh i see. And i did not know that. If i should lose the PT wood what should i replace it with? and i already replaced my angle with alumunum.
Thanks
-Kody

Home Grown Basser said:
Oh i see. And i did not know that. If i should lose the PT wood what should i replace it with? and i already replaced my angle with alumunum.
Thanks
-Kody

Un-treated wood, then seal it yourself with a quality deck sealer/spar urethane. After you cut and put the frame/Deck together, take it all back apart, seal it, then put it back togther again. That way all the wood gets sealed, even the screw holes.

Thanks so much for your help i will most definatly fix that.

Question for anybody, i need help designing storage in the middle i wouldnt mind a way to make a storage box for my two 55# tiller steer trolling motors im thinking a box along the side of the boat, any tips? Or possibly cutting off the bench seat and putting a hinge on it not sure. Any help?
Thanks
-Kody

russ010 said:
Your trailer is sorta similar to mine... one thing I'd suggest to do to the trailer, is put some of that steel angle you got underneath the tongue in about a 6' length... my boat is front heavy, and it has but a downward bow in the tongue.

Boat looks great!

Get a piece of 1/2" round steel bar, or 1/4" x 1" flat bar as a stiffener. Weld each end to the trailer (on the bottom), and in the middle, put a 3 inch spacer. Barstock is very strong when used in tension, and putting the 3 inch spacer block gives it enough triangulation that it puts it in tension when load is applied. Or, if you wanted to be really trick, you could use a bolt with an adjustment nut as the center spacer, so it can be adjusted if things stretch down the road.

bassboy1 said:
Get a piece of 1/2" round steel bar, or 1/4" x 1" flat bar as a stiffener. Weld each end to the trailer (on the bottom), and in the middle, put a 3 inch spacer. Barstock is very strong when used in tension, and putting the 3 inch spacer block gives it enough triangulation that it puts it in tension when load is applied. Or, if you wanted to be really trick, you could use a bolt with an adjustment nut as the center spacer, so it can be adjusted if things stretch down the road.

:?:
I need a pic! or drawing....

Latest posts