Deep v conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassmaster6

Reaction score
I want to put a deck on my jon boat. its a 14" 55 inch wide deep v. i have heard that 55' is the minimum width for decking a deep v. is this true? is it going to be unstable?

thanks
bassmaster6

Hi Bassmaster6,
Thanks for joining. I think your boat is the perfect width to add a deck! Are you plannig on doing a front and read deck or a deck across the whole boat with storgage and what not? Have any pics?

Here is one that a member did on his V: https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482

Again thanks for joining, Looking forward to see the boat and build. :D

i plan on adding a deck from the first seat in the back to the front. i want to leave the back open for access to the drain plug and gas tank. i would like to put storage under neath the deck.

bassmaster6

Attachments

• jon boat.jpg
    jon boat.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 3,943
With that in mind, you need to think about how you are going to run the outboard, if you are decking the whole boat (except the stern, but I sure hope you don't sit backwards to drive :shock: ) Do you want to drive from a pedestal? Do you want to drive sitting on a cushion on the deck, with your feet sticking out in front of you? I have always been a fan of sitting low to drive, with a place for your feet, and then going up high to fish.