jcabarrusjrs 14.5 foot Sears Roebuck V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcabarrusjr

Reaction score
Greetings yall. I am a Marine Corps Staff Sergeant who loves to fish. I have no idea what I am doing but I went and bought a 14.5 ft Seare roebuck V hull and I have began to do some mods. My skills are limited so I will post have what I have done so far and get some advice from you all.

My next idea is to add a trolling motor to the front and a 15HP motor. My question is should I add some support to the middle? The middle bench seat was already out when I got the boat. Thanks yall. Oh and if you can think of anything else that I can do to her just let me know.bp1.jpg

Attachments

• bp2.jpg
    bp2.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 9,545
  • bp6.jpg
    bp6.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 9,545
  • bp12.jpg
    bp12.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 9,545
  • bp13.jpg
    bp13.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 9,545
  • lst.jpg
    lst.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 9,545
Looks good Man!

Welcome to the site. We have quite a few GA folk on here.

Looks great! I personally like the open floor and would not add middle seat or supports; use and enjoy! =D> 8)

Nice boat you picked up there. I would move the trolling motor because it looksa as if it would be hard to turn the gas motor

I like how you got your rod holders. Good job. I second to the trolling motor looks to be a little to close to the motor.

Thanks yall and I have decided that I like the open design so I will leave it that way. Thanks for the idea of moving the trolling motor. I will buy a bow mounted trolling motor for the bow.

I have a question though, what can I do about trying to install a cooler for the fish and still keep the open space in the floor?
The entire front under the deck is storage as well as under the rear deck so if yall have any ideas please let me know. Thanks

What you could do is build up on the side of your boat on one area but its kind of very limited because if it leaks it could leak down on your deck. Best option i would so is cut out an area in ur rear deck and make that the livewell area then build a small side addition abover ur deck like in the back left for right hand corner of your boat if you know what i mean. Its better to have the livewell closer to the bottom of the boat in case it leaks.

Nice, simple floor plan! I don't really have any ideas for a livewell except for one of the pre-made livewells from Cableas that you could drop in one of your bench seats.

I noticed your floor was a little warped and thought I would suggest adding some 2"x2" supports screwed to the bottom of the floor, or maybe a piece of aluminum angle screwed to the edge by the bench seat to keep it straight and level.

Thanks for the tip on the floor and I will defiently take care of that. I think I am done with the mods bc I like the freedom of the open space esp. since my 2yr old is my fishing buddy haha. Nothing for him to trip over.

I will get one of those live wells from Cabela's also.

Looks like a bow mount trolling motor would be pretty tight up front. You may consider relocating your transom mount up there.

Use the cooler as the livewell, just dont attach it. That way you can take it out when you don't need it. A couple bungees would probably do the trick. I've seen some of the guys run the cooler lengthwise to allow for walking around it as opposed to stepping over it. Not sure if you have that kind of room or not.

And sorry I didn't mention it before, but THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

:USA1:

benjineer said:
2-yr-olds make good fishing buddies.

and good bait too!

...if you're talking about stink bait, that is.

2 yr olds make great bait....Hahahahaha. I will go ahead and use the cooler idea for a live well.

Today I picked up 2 new seats with pedstal mounts and swivel seats and more rod holders. I will be posting pictures soon. Thanks for all the comments and help that I have got from this site. some of yall really have skills at this boat mod stuff and i am surley getting better at this stuff.

Semper FI,
James

Latest posts