susky river runner 1648 MV Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susky river runner

Reaction score
So I am new to this site. I just want to say Hi to everyone. A lot of awesome pics and ideas on here. I just want to say thank you to all on here that gave me some great ideas. I used all wood on my mod since I do not have any welding skills. [-X I really don't think that it matters tho. If it eventually rots I can always retrace and rebuild. Hopefully I can get some of my pics up on here for you all to see. It is killing me not being on the water yet. I just can't wait to get out there and go fishing.

Welcome, and thanks for joining. This winter really was long and tough. I know what you mean. Being cooped all winter long does get to you. A few more weeks and things will be in full swing.

susky river runner said:
I fish the southern end of it, right around the MD/PA line. Should be a good striper run here reel soon. I can't wait.

I will be there this spring again - last year was sucky but still love hitting those flat in teh early AM for some top water action

I got the hatch installed. I had no storage up front so I decided to install this hatch deck cover. Yes I did remove the foam from the front!! I know probably not the best of ideas, but as you all know not much room for storage on the ol' tin's.

Attachments

• front deck str..JPG
    front deck str..JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 2,446
The back of the boat I'm gonna leave open because I use this boat for crabbing also. If I add a deck in the back it is just gonna make it a pain in the butt to pull the traps. I need to be lower in the water.

Attachments

• JB7.JPG
    JB7.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 1,110
I don't think it's turning out to bad, I still have to install the trolling motor up front. I think I'm going to mount it on the side,just because it will provide good legroom, and I will be able to open the hatch all of the way.

Attachments

• JB10.JPG
    JB10.JPG
    401.4 KB · Views: 1,110
Nice ride man, great size. I've heard the hatch covers like yours can be painted with no problem.