TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the Welcome guys.....FYI... I run a 1986 Duracraft 1542 mod V jon boat, with a 15hp merc. Have a MK30# transom mt on the back and at MK40# Edge on the bow.
The next time I take the boat out, I will be starting my 22nd year of fishing with it. Have done several mods to it over the years, but am pretty well back to its original set up now.

rebg38 said:
Thanks for the Welcome guys.....FYI... I run a 1986 Duracraft 1542 mod V jon boat, with a 15hp merc. Have a MK30# transom mt on the back and at MK40# Edge on the bow.
The next time I take the boat out, I will be starting my 22nd year of fishing with it. Have done several mods to it over the years, but am pretty well back to its original set up now.

welcome rebg38,
Thanks for joining! If you have any questions about anything related to this site feel free to PM me. I look forward to seeing the pics of your boat.

Jim

rebg38 said:

'Bout how fast does that 15 push ya?

BTW, welcome to the site.

rebg38 said:
According to my GPS, top speed is 21.6 mph
and that is a 1996 15hp merc. 2 cycle Engine. Weight 75#
Wow. As Jim said, that is nice. I have a similar boat, and will be putting a 40 tiller on it, and I knew that it would do just dandy. But, there will be times I need to put a 9.9 on it, for 10 hp lakes, and I was trying to get an estimate on what I would get with that.

when the grand kids were small, I ran a merc 7.5 on it, so there wouldn't be to much torque on the tiller for them. It pushed it along pretty good, so that 9.9 whould do you fine