back4more's mini tin - Alumacraft 1232 w/ 5 hp Nissan

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

back4more

Reaction score
here is my mini tin. 2011 Alumacraft 1232, 2011 Continental trailer, and a 2000 5 horse 4 stroke Nissan. back in February I bought the 1232 and a 40lb Minn Kota. I would put the 1232 in the back of the truck and hit the small creeks. my daughter didnt like the trolling motor speed so I gave in and bought the 5 horse. after loading and unloading the 1232 and motor a few times I decided a trailer was absolutely necessary. so now Ive got a trailer and thinking sure wouldnt hurt to add seats and a fishfinder now that Im not loading it in and out of the truck bead. geez, just another money pit.

front-1.jpg

back.jpg

battery-1.jpg

motorr.jpg

haha.....

No turning back now. Time for a bimini to beat the FL sun.

Sounds like a good investment in the motor and trailer. Anytime spent on the water with your kids is worth it!

thanks gator!

Brine, right on about the time with the littlin. Im taking somewhere friday or saturday. I just wish she could stand to fish for more than 10 minutes :lol: . BTW, got any extra biminis laying around? 8)

nice setup
just curious, will the boat plane with the 5hp? I am considering a 14' jon, but may go with a 12'. the idea of using a small outboard sounds good with $4 gas. a 4 stroke sounds even better. 2-cycle oil isn't cheap. I just filled up my 6 gal tank and it was $29 :shock:

back4more said:
thanks gator!

Brine, right on about the time with the littlin. Im taking somewhere friday or saturday. I just wish she could stand to fish for more than 10 minutes :lol: . BTW, got any extra biminis laying around? 8)

lol.... No, but someone on here made one out of PVC and a tarp. I'm pretty sure it was a v-hull. Blue and grey maybe. :-k

I'll see if I can find it.

It's looking good back4more! Do you cover that cubby-hole in the front where you have the life jackets? One more thing...that battery inside the rear bench storage, is that just a small battery to run your troller or for other accessories? I like the compact size of it. If it has much power to it I might grab a couple for my tin!

thanks for the compliments guys !

bean, it'll plane

jcollins, no need to cover the storage area where you see the life jackets, everything stays in there fine. that battery is just a small 12v and is only used for my fish finder. I dont have a trolling motor, thats my little 5 horse :oops: :LOL2:

seats did not make it tippy.

Im afraid I have horrible news :cry: . today I was involved in an accident. I was turning and a guy ran a red light and slammed into my truck and boat & trailer. at least my daughter and I were able to enjoy a fishing trip this morning before the terrible loss.

Latest posts