New life for an old Smoker Craft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edge540

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Im new on here. My name is Steve and I am from Maple Valley Washington. I bought this old Smoker Craft from a friend for a couple hundred and decided to clean it up. Its has a flat aluminum floor that I have never seen before. The boat was in great shape, just faded from decades of chasing Fish.The trailer was a little iffy so I built a new one from scratch and added a bunch of goodies to it. On to the Pics =D>

I plan to flat deck the front and cut out the center bench and add a side bench on each side. I would like a little storage and a live well. Will see how far this goes while the fish are biting. I may just fish it until winter and then start building again.

I just bought the exact same boat a couple of days ago. I'm assuming it is a 14' boat? I am new to these boards, but starting the process of reading a lot of old posts to try to figure out what I want to do with mine this winter. With this boat being like 5.5 feet wide there should be a lot of potential. Good luck, and i'll be following your posts.

Thanks guys, Mine is actually a 16'. Yes there is alot of potential. I really want to add split center bench with a live well on one side and storage on the other but I have been fishing it every nite so I have to work on it while the fish are biting.

I picked up a 16' Smoker Craft last summer. I think it's a 1975. It looks identical to yours except yours can float. Mine is missing a Coast Guard plate on the transom. If yours has one, would it be possible to let me know what information is on it? I was wanting to know the h.p. rating and persons rating. I looked up what the Coast Guard listed for boat builders and remembered seeing your boat, I figured asking you would be easier than trying to brush up on Algebra. :-?

Your boat is looking good. It makes me want to work on mine again.

togaurd said:
I picked up a 16' Smoker Craft last summer. I think it's a 1975. It looks identical to yours except yours can float. Mine is missing a Coast Guard plate on the transom. If yours has one, would it be possible to let me know what information is on it? I was wanting to know the h.p. rating and persons rating. I looked up what the Coast Guard listed for boat builders and remembered seeing your boat, I figured asking you would be easier than trying to brush up on Algebra. :-?

Your boat is looking good. It makes me want to work on mine again.

Sorry man, I dont have the plate anymore. It got lost in the rebuild somehow but if it turns up ill send you a pic of it. Ive seen a bunch of these with 20- 40 horse motors on them. This one will just barely plane with me and the dog on a 9.9 and plow along with all the gear and 900# of people in it. :roll:

Well Ive been fishing the heck out of this thing so no real updates. I got tired of it being parked in the middle of the shop and its to nice to park outside so Im building a boat house. I Started erecting a 13' X 21' Tin building to park it under for the summer. I will be starting on my modds this fall. :mrgreen:

Well its time for phase 2, I fished the heck out of this thing all sumer and fall but the weather is crap now. Time to get out into the garage. I pulled out the benches tonight and now im planning the deck layout.

Nice looking boat...looks like you have some help with your build...good job on building a trailer from scratch too...very nice....

BTW this is what its all about IMO
2011-08-06_14-10-48_793.jpg

Yea she was helping last night, planing out were her dog will sit... were snacks can be stored... :LOL2:

Hey edge, did you make those stickers for your boat? Those are pretty BA! Is there any chance you could make me a couple? I have a 16 ft Smokercraft also and was trying to decide if I was going to put some on mine. If you can help me, let me know. Like the build by the way. Theres no way my wife would EVER help me work on my boat. Even for a "pretty please with a cherry on top!"

fishingmich said:
Hey edge, did you make those stickers for your boat? Those are pretty BA! Is there any chance you could make me a couple? I have a 16 ft Smokercraft also and was trying to decide if I was going to put some on mine. If you can help me, let me know. Like the build by the way. Theres no way my wife would EVER help me work on my boat. Even for a "pretty please with a cherry on top!"

My Buddie runs a vinyl shop sign shop, he made these and I know that he ships stuff all over the us. I will give him a call and see what it would cost you. He pulled the exact font off of smokercrafts web site and made all the stickers match. I really liked how he did my hull # in the same font. He could do any color also.

That would be awesome! Thanks. If you want you can pm me too. I like the font you have. I was going to stencil my numbers on with black spray paint. Thanks again.

Latest posts