New Member, First Boat Conversion- 1958 16ft Richline Semi-V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas

Reaction score
Plans: Paint, flat deck flooring, lots of storage/ a livewell/ a built in cooler, carpeting, a good memory from summer '11 and a clever name painted on the side when its all said and done.

22yr old student from (you guessed it) Texas. Bought this boat for 300 dollars from an Army soldier who was moving away. Brewing over many ideas from other members pictures on this site, great stuff guys, I can only hope the boat turns out as excellent as some of yours!
First thing I've done so far is sanded/ primed the outside ready for paint. Paint will be applied today. Currently debating on how to structure the wood supports inside the boat for a flat floor sheet of plywood to rest on, also how big/where to put storage areas, wiring, ect.
Main question for right now: Should I paint the inside as well? I had planned on leaving the inside alone color wise, but seeing other projects on this site I'm just not sure anymore. Got a ways to go but very excited about seeing the finished product 8) 8)

Attachments

• IMAG0008.jpg
    IMAG0008.jpg
    904.2 KB · Views: 1,363
  • IMAG0370.jpg
    IMAG0370.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,351
  • IMAG0369.jpg
    IMAG0369.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,351
  • IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,345
I went with a different color scheme; hunter green and royal red (Used Rust-Oleom oil-based protective enamel, glossy. About 10 bucks a quart, not too bad.) Wasnt positive on how it would turn out, but I really like the way it looks (and if you don't, I dont care to hear about it [-X )

A friend of mine told me I should have used a spray gun instead of brushing it, but like I said I am a newbie and doing the best with the knowledge I have #-o I am going to paint the side strip black, Ill put pics up of the finished paint as soon as I get that done!

Really enjoy working on this project so far, still a ways to go until its done but I hope to finish this and another project before fall semester starts... in 30 days! Any of you pro's have suggestions as to things I should avoid doing as I move forward into putting a deck floor in? (Tips on wiring, live wells, height of plywood, etc.)

Also i forgot to mention before that I have an outboard from the 50-60's, not exactly sure, but it looks to be 5-10HP Sea King (the engine cowl is not stock, nor does the boat title specify anything about the motor. Ive done some research and Im pretty sure of the make just not the model.) It runs but I plan to do some work on it before I hit the water alot. TM 40lbs. Thanks for looking, I will keep posting pictures as the project furthers!!

Attachments

• IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,346
  • IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    716.7 KB · Views: 1,346
  • IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,346
I have a 72 14' Richline and just finished putting in decks and seats. I got it on grapevine lake and it still gets on plane with the 9.9 seaking with the extra weight. I still want a bigger motor tho. Solid boats and yours is looking good. Didnt know they made it in a 16'. Are you getting a trailer?

Jay D said:
I have a 72 14' Richline and just finished putting in decks and seats. I got it on grapevine lake and it still gets on plane with the 9.9 seaking with the extra weight. I still want a bigger motor tho. Solid boats and yours is looking good. Didnt know they made it in a 16'. Are you getting a trailer?

Nice! Sounds like you're a little ahead of me. =D> Plane on a 9.9 huh? I was definitely aiming for an 18-25 uprgrade from the 5hp pond cruiser I have now. Always been worried about getting caught in caps and white breaks on the lake with the little chugger :shock:

I actually have a trailer for the Richline, just wasn't pictured. I have it on the trailer now and am ready to decide on interior paint and flooring.

Attachments

• IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,273
  • IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,273
ober51 said:
What's the story on the picture in your signature/avatar?

I was fishing with a couple buddies about 2 months ago on a lake nearby. I snagged a largemouth that was one of the biggest the lake has ever seen, not to mention giving me a fight I will never, ever forget. Needless to say I made it in several newspapers. +respect from the older fisherman

Attachments

• IMAG0285.jpg
    IMAG0285.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,271
  • IMAG0286.jpg
    IMAG0286.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,271
Done with paint for now, about to head back out to the shop and start laying down the floor supports. :) :)

Attachments

• IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,226
  • IMAG0023.jpg
    IMAG0023.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,226
  • IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,226
Boat is looking good. The paint scheme reminds me of Christmas. Kinda fits.... Fishing is like Christmas 8)

I'd start thinking of a thank you for your sis. I believe she would be the first sis to help with a mod on here =D>

I'm looking forward to see how your boat turns out when its all said and done. I'm looking at a Sea King v hull for a project right now. Still not sure if I want to go with VHull or flatbottom though.

Cheers,

Latest posts