Jon Boat decking gurus ????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighterfree

Reaction score
How would you guys deck this boat? I want to add a livewell and front and rear decks and I have a 9.8 gas motor as well. I already have aluminum angle ready to get cut looking for ideas. I know how I want to do it. How would you deck it?

Attachments

• DCP_1620 (612 x 408).jpg
    DCP_1620 (612 x 408).jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 3,618
normal_boatdesign.JPG

Key
Light Green Front Trolling motor mount on existing boat decking
Dark Green sides of boat
Black Battery boxes under decking or above depending on height of decking in middle
Blue is seat mounts pin type
Yellow outlined boxes for under decking storage
Brown thing is anchor system

Is that boat 15 feet, or larger/smaller? Have I posted a design of what I am doing to my Yazoo? (which is running WAY behind schedule) If not, I will get that up soon, and you can steal an idea from it.

bassboy1 said:
Is that boat 15 feet, or larger/smaller? Have I posted a design of what I am doing to my Yazoo? (which is running WAY behind schedule) If not, I will get that up soon, and you can steal an idea from it.

Hey Bassboy1 it is 14' 38 inches. No I have not see the design of your Yazoo. Can I get a link to it or a picture

Here is a picture of my new layout. I don't have a real good vertical shot, so I had to make do with this one. My ribs are on 16" centers, so even though the drawing isn't to scale, everything will start and end on those ribs. IE, the stern casting deck will come forward until it gets to the second rib from the transom, and my center seat box is 16 inches long.

yazoo3.jpg

Latest posts