1988 Alumacraft Pro-17

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowblazah

Reaction score
This was my first major gutting/remodel.

I bought this 88 Alumacraft 17' in the spring of 07...I got it relatively cheap seeing as it had its fair share of defects. After using it alot that summer I thought I would r&r the interior, which would eliminate the many problems with it (ie...the completely rotten floor boards from front to back and the many electrical issues with it as well) and while I was at it, I'd reconfigure the seating by removing the rear casting deck to comfortably accomodate more than two people fishing out of it.

0.jpg

0a.jpg

This was the first boat i used aluminum instead of wood on. (Save on weight, never will rot again) I ended up buying 3 - 5x6 sheets of .090.

0b.jpg

While I had all the old carpet out I also decided to repaint the interior and replace all the carpet and install some Tempress hatches to make it look a little newer...

1.jpg

3.jpg

3a.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

--------
5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

--------
8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

$700 is all I had invested when everything was said and done. Unfortunately in the end, the boat still wasnt big enough and I ended up selling it and buying my SeaArk. But I was able to make a little $$ on it thanks to the face lift it was given.

i know this thread is a couple months old, but you did a very nice transformation on that rig, very well done

Thanks guys...when I was tearing this one apart..i found the original owner had just put an additional layer of plywood and carpet over the original rotted out floor (talk about short-cutting it)...no wonder the boat gained like 5-10mph after i was done with it.

Hey boss I have the same boat and I'm trying to make it look like that but I'm going to do it with wood over aluminum due to cost. And I just have a few questions.

What did you do with the rear live well overflow outlet in the rear

And the rivets that go through the hull for the side rod box

Do I need to add foam any where because of what was removed during demolition

I'm sure ill have a few more as this project continues

Latest posts