SWAMP SLAYER UPDATES NEW PICTURES MORE TO COME

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampthing(True)

Reaction score
Did a little bit more work on the Slayer this weekend I have a long ways to go but figure I would at least let you guys see the progress. There is going to be a floor put in and a paint job done real soon along with electronics and other fun things. Im also doing some weight management to lighten her up.Anyways this is what I got for ya so far hope you like any suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• BEFORE PAINT.jpg
    BEFORE PAINT.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 3,485
  • TRANSOM REINFORCE.jpg
    TRANSOM REINFORCE.jpg
    729.4 KB · Views: 3,485
  • the big rip weld.jpg
    the big rip weld.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 3,485
  • weld 1.jpg
    weld 1.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 3,485
  • weld with reinforcement bar attached.jpg
    weld with reinforcement bar attached.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 3,485
  • start of project.jpg
    start of project.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 3,485
  • how the main support was mounted.jpg
    how the main support was mounted.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 3,485
  • ALUMINUM L ON SEAT.jpg
    ALUMINUM L ON SEAT.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 3,485
  • ALUMINUM L ON REAR OF FRONT BENCH.jpg
    ALUMINUM L ON REAR OF FRONT BENCH.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 3,485
  • ALMOST FINNISHED SEAT.jpg
    ALMOST FINNISHED SEAT.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 3,485
  • CLOSER LOOK I PUT IN 2X4 SUPPORTS.jpg
    CLOSER LOOK I PUT IN 2X4 SUPPORTS.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 3,485
A few suggestions.
When you take a pic with the camera on it's side, roll the pic 90° before you post it. LoL
When bolting things through the sides/bottom of the boat, use 3M 5200 sealant on the bolts to prevent leaks.
Use stainless steel bolts/screws whenever possible.

Swampthing(True) said:
... Im also doing some weight management to lighten her up.Anyways this is what I got for ya so far hope you like any suggestions are welcome!

Nice project.
Are you talking body weight?
I used to have a serious weight problem. After I bought my boat I lost a lot of weight on WW. I definitely saw a performance improvement, among many other health benefits. :D
Good luck.

Looking good so far! Where did you buy your aluminum angle at? I live in the area and don't really know any places to buy any aluminum.

Thanks jasper6010 :LOL2: Nah im talking about weight reduction of the boat itself I am pretty fit so weight isnt a huge concern with me. But I will have more pics to come here soon I have some electrical to do and some painting. I 5200 every rivet and bolt on that boat yesterday lol waiting the 7 day torture period so i can paint it lol.

Swampthing(True) said:
Thanks jasper6010 :LOL2: Nah im talking about weight reduction of the boat itself I am pretty fit so weight isnt a huge concern with me. But I will have more pics to come here soon I have some electrical to do and some painting. I 5200 every rivet and bolt on that boat yesterday lol waiting the 7 day torture period so i can paint it lol.

Yea, looking at your avatar, you don't look to have a weight problem. :LOL2: Have fun!

Did a little today some lights and sealed up my switch box. Tomorrow I will bolt down my bilge pump. I also added some rod holders,

Attachments

• 121111_003.jpg
    121111_003.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 3,357
  • 121111_004.jpg
    121111_004.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 3,357
  • 121111_005.jpg
    121111_005.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 3,357
  • 121111_007.jpg
    121111_007.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 3,357
  • 121111_006.jpg
    121111_006.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 3,357
Well at a stand still with the funds it gets so irratating when you have so many ideas and not the capability to make them come true! It almost brings tears to my eyes to see some of the rigs on here and know ill never have one that nice lol unless I win the lotto!

Join the club man! Most of the things I've done to mine were freebies from work. Kinda sucks not being able to afford a nice boat when you work at a boat shop aka Tracker Marine @ Bass Pro.

It takes time to acquire things lol

i was lookin at boats for like at least 6 months and was about to pull the trigger and pick up a 12 footer off craigslist then a buddy traded a radiator for one and just gave it to me 74 sea king i have had it for about 6 months was takin it out every weekend for about a month (then my other buddy got another boat) so mine has been sitting for the most part havnt takin it out for about 2 months now just tryin to aquire more stuff for it

last week got a brand new 50 pound mincota 2 deep cell marine batteries a cheap hummingbird FF a trailor for 325

then came up on a brand new battery and another decent one for free from the guy my buddy works for he couldnt return them for some reason (great for me lol)

its been a slow process im very limited on funds as well im just great full i got friends with boats i hate fishing from shore

nick4203 amen to that lol. Well I have some pics of the new paint job for you guys keep in mind this boat used to just be black stripes big ones lol. not anymore took my the entire day to get my patterns the way I wanted.

Attachments

• 100_4271.JPG
    100_4271.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,127
  • 100_4276.JPG
    100_4276.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,127
  • 100_4277.JPG
    100_4277.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,127
Paint job came out nice. You've done a nice job.

By the way, that money thing? It affects 99% of all of us. Don't let it bother you. Do you own a boat? Yes. Did you have the ability to make it nicer than when you got it and modify it? Yes. Are you able to get on the water and enjoy yourself? Yes.

You're doing just fine.....

Scout27 thats sound stuff. I got it back together but thats the nail on the head lol. I took it out officially the other day and put some nice Crappie in the boat so Im pretty happy with her.

Nice paint job!
Good looking Tohatsu hangin on the back as well!!
Man I understand the money aspect you mentioned.
I trade stuff for things I want a lot of the time. Keeps the wife and I both happy :D

Good lookin boat man! I know exactly what you mean, I have all kinds of ideas for my boat but lack the funds to get them...lol I did however get mine on the water weekend before last and it was a great feeling! Hoping to get back on the water this weekend. Keep up the good work!

Latest posts