14 ft V restoration

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbuss08

Reaction score
Here we go this is what i started with when i did my restoration this last summer/fall

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 2,675
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    702.4 KB · Views: 2,675
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    911.2 KB · Views: 2,675
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,675
than i began to take the paint off (the longest and hardest part in my opinion)

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    655.6 KB · Views: 2,670
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 2,670
the original plan was to paint the entire boat with a gray on the bottom, but after taking off the paint i liked the color of the aluminum so i left the bottom original, it also saved a lot of time and money

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,669
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,669
now building it up (the fun part)

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    806.5 KB · Views: 2,667
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    915.6 KB · Views: 2,667
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    834.5 KB · Views: 2,667
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    946 KB · Views: 2,667
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,667
this is the end product, give me your guy's feed back, i plan to do another one this next year and any tips would be great

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,662
They are Lakes n Rivers Deluxe Folding seats, I got them at Fleet Farm https://www.fleetfarm.com/mff/detail/lakes-n-rivers-deluxe-folding-seat/0000000060796

Did you treat the plywood with any kind of water sealant? Such as Thompson or Polyurethane?

I'm starting my build on a Starcraft 14' Seafarer tomorrow. Did raising the decks that high nake it tippy as you're walking on the front casting deck? I'm planning to do a very similar front deck as yours.

Thanks in advance for the reply. You're boat looks amazing.

No i was actually the surprised myself that the boat was hardly if any more tippy than before. As far as the wood I just used treated lumber I didn't do any other water sealant

I am not sure exactly how much weight I added to it, once the treated wood dried a out it defiantly was less. It sids good in the water. I still push it around witha 7.5 hp Merc and i can get it to plane.

rbuss08 said:
As far as the wood I just used treated lumber I didn't do any other water sealant

[-X [-X [-X

Treated lumber and aluminum boats don't work well together.

Love the way the boat looks but I have also heard that treated lumber contains chemicals that leach out and corrode the aluminum.

How much room do you have in the storage compartment behind the front seat?

Yea I actually heard that about the copper naphthenate in the treated wood not being good for the aluminum boats but when I asked around i couldn't find a single person that ever had a problem with it and most have had in there aluminum boats for 5+years right against the hull with no signs of anything so i decided that i would be fine. I will post a pic of the storage size when i can. its pretty decent i store alot of stuff down there.

Latest posts