Walleye Joes 14ft Alumacrat project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walleyejoe

Reaction score
New to this site and I'm hooked . Now I have my boat all tore apart. Thanks!!!! :| I noticed alot of people using flex steel on the bottem of there boats . Do really need to do this Is there anything simaler I can get at the local hardware? The paint above the waterline is just faded do I need to sand and prime this or can I just paint over it? Tryin not to break the bank!!!

Attachments

• 230.JPG
    230.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 13,463
Welcome to the site.
I rebuilt my '67 Alumcraft 14' about three years ago now. Thread in my signature.
My boat is not painted, nor did I use Steelflex.

walleyejoe said:
New to this site and I'm hooked . Now I have my boat all tore apart. Thanks!!!! :| I noticed alot of people using flex steel on the bottem of there boats . Do really need to do this Is there anything simaler I can get at the local hardware? The paint above the waterline is just faded do I need to sand and prime this or can I just paint over it? Tryin not to break the bank!!!

you can just scuff up the paint a lil and paint right over it...i scuffed up mine then primered and painted but i didnt need to primer i just did to do it....

Hanr3 said:
Welcome to the site.
I rebuilt my '67 Alumcraft 14' about three years ago now. Thread in my signature.
My boat is not painted, nor did I use Steelflex.
Your boat looks great Im gona work on mine this weekend can wait !!!!

muskiemike12 said:
Thats a good looking boat. The paint doesn't look bad at all. Remember the fish don't care how shiney your boat is! :)
muskiemike12 said:
Thats a good looking boat. The paint doesn't look bad at all. Remember the fish don't care how shiney your boat is! :)
LOL I know got on this site and now i want to do all kinks of stuff :mrgreen:

walleyejoe said:
Does anybody know now where I can get new decals???

Try this site. I have not used them yet so cant give you a good review of them but i will be using them soon. It looks like they have all boat logos and trailer logos there is.

https://www.vinylapproach.com/replacementboatlogos.htm

He already got them, they were nice. We had to flatten them out for a couple days but they got flat again and were pretty easy to apply. ill see if I can find a pic, he didn't go with stock decals tho so I'm not sure about that.

Finally got a good start this weekend .Got the boat stiped down and flipped over .Took a wire wheel on a grider to the haul .Got alot do Saturday !! :D Pictures to come

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,722
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    1,001.2 KB · Views: 3,722
nice work so far keep at it! im only a week in to my 16' fisher and im only just getting started. this forum has been a godsend.

best of luck with it all!

JPH

jph84 said:
nice work so far keep at it! im only a week in to my 16' fisher and im only just getting started. this forum has been a godsend.

best of luck with it all!

JPH
Thanks .Im addicted to this site.

Lots of progress this weekend :)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3,694
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3,694
  • 005.jpg