1945 Duratech V Hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony302

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1945 duratech model V12, serial #16113. How or where can I find the specs for this boat? There is also another plate above that one with a series of letters and numbers PAZ13048I345. I would appreciate any assistance.

As far as the mod....I have some idea but every time I look at this site, my mind changes. This will be a slow process for me but I'll post pics as I figure this stuff out.

Duratechv-hull002-1_zps032500b2.jpg

Interesting to find out the small aluminum row boat I just picked up for $100 is almost 75 years old! I have purchased a boat with a plate that says its a Duratech V12, Serial number 21221 - about 5,000 boats later than the one Tony302 has pictured.
Now I am trying to learn how to make it ready for the water (I never owned a boat and bought it to do some clamming with my daughter). I need a good set of oars, or a small 3hp motor and also need to know what kind of oars Ill need.

mikengirls said:
I need a good set of oars, or a small 3hp motor and also need to know what kind of oars Ill need.
OARS - Charts online will tell you the length you need, as it depends on the beam (width) of the hull. I prefer the round oarlocks (vs. the “U” shaped ones) that stay on the oar, with a padded surface (sleeves - wrapped leather or synthetic) where the oarlock rides.

I also like the hard stop at the inboard end of the sleeve that keep or position the oars at the correct length for rowing. That stop also keeps the oarlocks locked onto the oars, so they can’t be misplaced or lost overboard ... or forgotten at home. Make sure your oar sockets are in good shape, as if old cast stuff, they could have weakened.

LENGTH - ”This length will provide an oar where 7/25 the length is inboard of the oarlocks and 18/25 of the oar is outboard of the oarlocks. It is the ideal ratio to row almost all boats. Sized correctly, when rowing your hands will be 1 to 3 inches apart and you will be pulling directly towards your abdomen.”

Link for more info = https://www.shawandtenney.com/how-size-your-oars

Thanks Dale! Great tips on oar selection and features to ensure best fit and ease of use! Don't want to invest too much right now, but hope to find a set that has the features you describe . Happy summer bro!

Duratech did not start making boats until maybe 1950 or 1951. I can help you identify it with a bit more information. I have three (3) of them.
1955, 1960 & 1964

Hi, Can you help tell me what year this model boat is? We moved in to a house on a lake and it was included in the sale. It is a Duratech V12 and the serial is 11276. I am considering purchasing 1957 Johnson outboard 10 hp motor for the boat. I think it would work well & look great as it is red & white. My plan is to strip & repaint the boat and motor this winter. Any info or suggestions are appreciated!

Latest posts