FishOn Fabrications - Various Small Projects

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
Here are a couple small projects from the past couple months. In case no one can tell, tonight's when I'm cleaning out the camera. :shock:

Let's start with some side rails. These were shipped halfway across the country, and were simply to be mounted on the bench seat of a vee hull (pictured on a boat that was in the shop at that time).

A couple hatch lids. These went to a guy in Alabama, to complete his project.

These went to tinboats member 'BigTerp.'

Then, we have a trolling motor mount for a 14' vee. Owner was upgrading from a transom mount Endura to a foot control bow mount unit.

Original bow cap. Very thin (around .050), and cracked around quite a few of the old mounting holes.

New bow cap, with trolling motor mounted.

Same boat, different visit. Owner got an excellent deal on a longshaft outboard, and around that same time, found the old short transom to be rotted. Decided to build up new transom instead of putting a jackplate on a new short transom. After fitting the new wood, he needed a new transom top cap and corner braces. That's where I come into play.

Before I started - wood is now taller than transom skin - new braces/caps have to cover that.

New corner brace. Very simple - first lay it out, and cut it from a flat sheet.

Then, walk over to the brake and put 3 bends in it.

Next, slip it on the boat (along with center cap, also picture), and scribe the curve of the hull.

One side done.

Rinse, repeat, and add a plate for the engine mount screws.

Reinstall the engine.

These are kinda neat. Guy called me a while back. Said he needed a bracket to mount a transom mount trolling motor on the bow of his Nucanoe Frontier 12. The jon boat style mounts for sale on my website wouldn't work on his boat. No problem, we designed one, and I sent it up his way. Just needed to taper to fit the vee of the hull, as well as slope downward to account for the sloped bow gunwale cap.

He asked if he could put a couple pics and my phone number on a web forum. Absolutely! Here is a link to the bracket installed on his boat. I don't want to take his pictures off that site, but don't see a problem linking to it.
https://www.nucanoe.com/forum/outfitting/my-new-bow-mount/#p8588

Fast forward a couple weeks, and I'm getting quite a few phone calls for these things, so they're now an in stock item.

Another little project. Guy brought by a 1548 Tracker. Was sick of the bench seat, and wanted to go with a split bench design. Not an issue.

Before.

After.

Also added a hinged cover for his electrical terminal block.
Before.

After.

Have to admit you are a pretty handy guy with tin. Very nice work indeed. =D>

well, I ended up selling my boat before you could install the side bunks... but I told Aaron who to go to if he decides to put them on there

Latest posts