Seat placement in flat bottom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitetailhntr

Reaction score
I have a 14' flat bottom there's a few pics in my recent post. I'm wondering where everyone mounts there rear seat? I put mine on the bench and when I run my boat alone I can feel that there is too much weight on the one side. Do you guys mount them in the center of the rear bench?

I use a throwable PFD's that double as a seat cushions.

But my boat is bare. It's a narrow and shallow 14' and I want to stay as low and light as possible.

smackdaddy53 said:
I use them in my 1248.

Mine is 14 Maybe 36? I'm not sure. Never measured it. I do know that if you have two people in it you have to let the other know not to move before you stand up.

When my dad had the boat, he did have one seat in between each bench. ( 2 total) mounted plywood across 2 ribs in the middle of each section and mounted the seats with swivel pedestals. Sat on the bench when underway. But he did also have a 20 hp OB on it haha.

I mounted my seat a little to the right of center (maybe 6") and shifted the gas tank and batteries over to the left side enough to compensate and keep the boat balanced.

JMichael said:
I mounted my seat a little to the right of center (maybe 6") and shifted the gas tank and batteries over to the left side enough to compensate and keep the boat balanced.
+1

There are "slider type" seat mounts that allow you to move the seat depending on what you are doing. They don't move with weight on them, but lean forward and it will slide 10-12". I tend to operate the motor from the side, and I have the seat in the same place if I'm lounging with my legs along the bench seat etc. I slide the seat into the middle when I need more stability with passengers or if I'm standing/walking around in the boat. There are pictures of it in the thread below... the sports stores bring them in by the dozen here so they must sell.

Latest posts