Tracker Tournament TX-17 Duck Boat Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hookedontronics

Reaction score
A couple years ago I picked up a very similar tracker and redid the entire boat. That build is linked here: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=28621

I said I'd never redo another boat after all the time I put into that tracker, and yet here I am. Looking to expand my duck hunting, and the amount of people I could bring I set out looking for another tracker. I wanted a flat bottom boat that wasn't enormous but could fit 4 guys comfortably. After a few months of looking I came across this 16.5' tracker in southern jersey and set out to get it. Guy said the motor runs and he was out last year on it, I still have to hook it up and see. If it does I'm going to put a tiller handle on it and keep it. Trolling motor was old, pedal didn't work. I took it apart and hooked it up to a battery and it spins fine so I'm going to convert that to a ice blaster which will be a nice addition for late season hunting.

Plans for this boat are pretty straight forward. Tiller or mud motor, fully welded aluminum everything for easy clean up, open deck, duck camo paint scheme, and a blind. I have a lot of little ideas in mind and I'll get into them along the way in this build.

Here she is:
Guy told me on the phone the trailer was rough so I picked it up on a car trailer. This boat was a good 4 hours away from me.
A17D69AF-FE39-4F88-94F5-0985C515EC9D_zps9ewnw0of.jpg

It's in rough shape, but the hull is solid and it had a title and that's all I needed
17D9D590-BD14-4CAE-B045-B72D80CF7F12_zpsdklc5asy.jpg

Made it home:
3E2CE3A0-31CF-4FD1-93C0-86BE1746341E_zpss6nhdcw9.jpg

7EACB8C3-87C1-4D1A-88C0-92674D3FFA6C_zpsaweb9lgl.jpg

Started gutting it:
6CCC03F7-A433-4FCB-A7B0-1F681E29CEC4_zpspyll2dvc.jpg

A19FC46C-8348-4137-A644-656084462007_zpsr1bxjlal.jpg

5C466E27-F627-4193-AAB0-099906522D28_zpsevrta0iu.jpg

0D46CBBE-6DEA-4077-9B31-1B595A877FAE_zpsj3yocxft.jpg

Nice boat. There is a diamond under all that dust. Had one just like that but a few years newer. Great boats. Learn from me and don't sell it for any reason.

jparrishbt said:
Nice boat. There is a diamond under all that dust. Had one just like that but a few years newer. Great boats. Learn from me and don't sell it for any reason.

I sold my last one but I replaced it with a 21' Nitro
This one is strictly for killing ducks

Had a little trouble getting the motor fired up, only had spark on one cylinder. After talking with a boat shop they told me it was probably the switchboard. Bought one on eBay for $40 and a couple hours of messing with it got it fired up tonight. Also bought a couple things that should be in next week

Filled the front holes with some jb weld

And removed the transom... I could have saved myself a lot of work and just left it, it probably would have been fine for another 10 years but oh well, waterfowl season isn't until September so I've got time.

Stuff ordered:
24" led light bar (spot/flood)
bow lights
bilge pump fitting and hose

Need to order (updated 4/21):
Beavertail pods
Aluminum gun box
(2) 4x8x.125 aluminum sheets -Ordered
1.5 x 1.5 aluminum square stock
1" aluminum tube for led light bar mount and gear racks/grab handles
foam for floatation
4 gang switch panel w/ breakers (nav/anchor, bilge, courtesy lights, light bar)
led courtesy lights
steelflex/paint/camo stencils
fuel tank, bulb and hose (goiong to mount in the front)
battery box

This is the epitome of what I'd love to have for duck hunting. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Latest posts