Help!! 1979 Starcraft 1836-14 WW Capacity Plate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcatron

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been reading this forum for about a year (you guys are awesome) but this is my first post.
I have just finished refurbishing a 1979 Starcraft Marine, Model 1836-14 ww (14 ft flat bottom Jon w/live well) only to find out that Kansas requires all boats to have a capacity plate, which my boat does not have. I just moved to Kansas and this is my first boat so i was unaware of the regulations.
I'm wondering if anyone out there has a boat similar to mine and if so would you be willing to send me a picture of the plate, or the information on the plate, so i can have it duplicated.

thank you all in advance, and thanks for all the great info you have already posted that helped me get my rebuild done

Joe

These arent for your exact model, but you can have one made online with the capacity that makes sense for your boat. Keeping in mind the safety aspect of it.

If its only a 14ft jon boat Id stick with the 3 person limit. Ive hunted out of them with 2 200lb people. and that was cramped to me.

Attachments

• imagesCAK2R3OQ.jpg
    imagesCAK2R3OQ.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,677
g0nef1sshn said:
These arent for your exact model, but you can have one made online with the capacity that makes sense for your boat. Keeping in mind the safety aspect of it.

If its only a 14ft jon boat Id stick with the 3 person limit. Ive hunted out of them with 2 200lb people. and that was cramped to me.

yeah, 14ft is not that long once you put a couple of grown men in it on the water, gets cramped fast. Especially once you add all your gear.
thanks for the reply

You can get a replacement plaque here:

https://www.garzonstudio.com/boat/capacity-decal.html

There are likely other vendors for less money.

Google is your friend.

Calling the local fish and game would get you all the answers you need tbh.

Latest posts