Don't Know what it is....but I got it. New Video 6/10/09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evattman

Reaction score
So, my other boat is on its way to the scrapyard tomorrow. I found this boat on Craigslist for 200 bucks. All I know is that it is MUCH heavier aluminum, over a foot wider, its 14ft, and it does NOT leak!! (also has a few dings)
And I am not painting it yet. I am going to deck it out, give it a new transom, mount the motors and hit the lake before I loose the rest of the summer!!!.
That price was just for the boat, he had a trailer with it but he was selling by itself.......and I didnt need it anyway.

Also, its capacity is 960lbs, and its rated for a 35hp.

Anyone have any idea of the make?

sd531716zq1.jpg

sd531717ud4.jpg

sd531720nk4.jpg

sd531721ke0.jpg

FishingBuds said:
Cool, it don't look skimpy does it 8)

your tag on the transom-whats it say? could be a clue

That tag says........ Capacity 960lbs.......35hp

It was more than likely made after '72 (capacity plates weren't required until '72, and few companies put them on before hand - does it have an HIN? Those were also required starting in '72)

I like that cast transom gusset. Neat look to it.

bassboy1 said:
It was more than likely made after '72 (capacity plates weren't required until '72, and few companies put them on before hand - does it have an HIN? Those were also required starting in '72)

I like that cast transom gusset. Neat look to it.

It does not have an HIN. (or not that I have found yet)

Ok....Got her painted. The outside paint is Interlux Brightside Saphire Blue and the bottom is Dusk Gray. I primed with the Duracolor Self Etching primer(spray can)......I painted the inside with SeaGlass Pro Non skid paint(Gray)......and let me tell you, its non skid.(I hope you can see the grain in the pic) I opted to use marine paint this time around. My last Aluminum boat, I used Extreme weather outdoor enamel made for aluminum siding. It was not bad, but not as tough as I wanted. This marine paint was fairly expensive, but I believe it will be worth it in the long run and it seems very durable. I brushed it all on and as you can see, there is no streaks. This is good paint.
Now its off to Home Depot for some plywood. I still have not decided on the thickness yet.....guess I'll make my mind up when I get there. :)

This is the Non skid paint on the inside
sd531724xw1.jpg

sd531725xl3.jpg

sd531723mo8.jpg

nice job. same two tone colors i plan to use. they match my truck. now is this boat considered a semi v or what?

I like that color scheme....

As far as the year goes, it is likely before '72, due to the lack of a HIN. Some companies put capacity plates on before they were required, so it is very likely that it is before '72, and due to the lack of HIN you aren't going to have much luck IDing it, unless you find someone else who has one, and can verify what year and make his is.

stew6371 said:
nice job. same two tone colors i plan to use. they match my truck. now is this boat considered a semi v or what?

Thanks everybody for the kind words.!!!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its considered a Semi-V. Even though its fairly deep, the v gradually tapers off about 1/2 way back and the back of the boat bottom is almost perfectly flat. I think a pure v bottom, does not taper.

bassboy1 said:
I like that color scheme....

As far as the year goes, it is likely before '72, due to the lack of a HIN. Some companies put capacity plates on before they were required, so it is very likely that it is before '72, and due to the lack of HIN you aren't going to have much luck IDing it, unless you find someone else who has one, and can verify what year and make his is.

Bassboy, Im thinking your right about the pre-'72 hypothesis. Sounds good to me......I called Tennessee Wildlife a few days ago to see what I have to do get it registered. The woman told me if it was older that 1972, all I would have to do is have the bill of sale.
So, its gonna be a Lund........1970 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (they have been in business that long....right?)
Just ordered these.......

lundgv7.jpg

Correct on being a semi vee. On boats aside from mod vees and jons, it is measured at the transom. Less than 22 degrees of deadrise is a semi vee, more than 22 degrees is a deep vee. Obviously jons don't follow that rule, but you get the picture.

Yes, Lund was around in the 70s. I believe it was started in the 50s. Can't say that I have seen one older than 1969 though.

Latest posts