Finally got a project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatfelloff

Reaction score
IMG_1149[1].JPGIMG_1150[1].JPGIMG_1151[1].JPGIMG_1146[1].JPGMaybe to much of one. I am trying to make my bargain buy a kid friendly family fisher. Which brings me to my questions.What make is it what should I do to make it safe and fun. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also welcome aboard! That's a nice blank hull to start with, looks like a decent trailer also, plenty of potential for however you want to set it up and plenty of help and ideas on here for whatever you decide on.
Agree with Jonny, keep at least most of the floor low for kids, also for old guys like me! :lol:

on the serious side - - - what are your immediate plans ?
a second closeup look at the hole in the floor raises concerns
that there is spray foam all under the floor ???
IMG_1151%5B1%5D.jpg
if so - ALL of it must be removed and the hull thoroughly inspected
for any soft spots, corrosion, holes that have been haphazardly patched,
sprayseal, flextape, silicone patches, etc. all those things could compromise
the ability to keep water OUT of the boat while on the waterways.
with kids onboard - two high capacity bilge pumps with a freshly charged battery
would be in my comfort zone. (on every trip out).
agree - a nice platform to begin your project with !!!

yes sir it is spray foam. I Really want to keep it pretty open low decks. I am at a loss of what to do for kids seating. As for the foam I have filled the boat with water and inspected the bottom found one rivet with a small leak. I plan to put it in the water this weekend and see if she leaks very bad and try to fix it before I take the kids out. Where could i find aluminum sheets to redo the floor with.

I did a quick Google of " NASHVILLE, GA METAL SUPPLY "
and several popped up right in your area. Just call a few of them
and see if they have what you need.
but first - make a plan - then - make a list of materials you will need
and then go on the hunter/gathering binge.

good luck !!! be safe

Trust me... Get rid of all that spray foam....a few extra hours of cleaning and prepping now will save you a load of headaches and disappointment in the future! Plenty of sound advice here.... And listen to everything Johnny says!

I have 2 kids and trust me.... They can sit on the floor! You'll figure it out eventually, but they are usually happy to sit on the floor and be able to put their hands in the water. Take your time and get it right!

Johnny said:

as for your question of what brand it may be, more photos of outside the transom
and under the bow might help . . . kind of hard to tell from your photos.
did you get any kind of paperwork with it ?

then of course, there is always Plan B - - -

Plan B... That's friggin scary right there! :shock: :shock:

Go see your neighbor in Pearson and give him 1400 for this. https://valdosta.craigslist.org/bpo/6094196568.html
List yours for $525 or sell his hull and trailer for 1000 and use the nice motor on yours.
You can cut and grind all summer or go make memories with the kids on this Memorial Day.

Well we had her in the water for almost five hours today not a drop of water came in. I would love to buy the boat in pearson but I would have to dip in the bank for that. The CFO of the family has that set aside for seaworld next month so I'm not playing with that hornets nest.

Ok so after a rough few weeks of work back to the boat. I did find under many layers of paint a b.a.s.s champ sticker on the side of the boat. it measures 16' 1 is this a old duracraft any info is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1185[1].JPG
    IMG_1185[1].JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 3,470
  • IMG_1186[1].JPG
    IMG_1186[1].JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 3,470
  • IMG_1188[1].JPG
    IMG_1188[1].JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 3,470
Well I managed to read some of the painted over stickers designed by b.a.s.s built by Duracraft. I was also wondering what all the white caulk on the boat is. Guess its time to bust out a wire wheel and order some coat it.

Had a hour or so after work so I removed a ton of rivets to find about 150 lb of water logged foam.

Attachments

• IMG_1208.JPG
    IMG_1208.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 2,623
  • IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 2,623
  • IMG_1206.JPG
    IMG_1206.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,623
  • IMG_1205.JPG
    IMG_1205.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 2,623
  • IMG_1204.JPG
    IMG_1204.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 2,623
  • IMG_1203.JPG
    IMG_1203.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 2,623
Well during cleaning today I found this. Maybe five total only two have holes so how do i fix them. Coat it or is there welding to be done.

Attachments

• IMG_1211[1].JPG
    IMG_1211[1].JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 2,604
  • IMG_1212[1].JPG
    IMG_1212[1].JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 2,604

Latest posts