Adding Casting Deck & Bow Mount Trolling Motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

New here. I live in Illinois. Picking up a boat Saturday that I plan on modifying. I've been reading a lot about building casting decks and mounting a trolling motor. It seems pretty straight forward. However, I see you need a level area to mount the bow mount trolling motor. The boat I'm buying is a V-Hull, and if you see the front it has a slight angle. I am kind of puzzled on how I would level that out to make it suitable for a bow mount trolling motor. Any ideas? I have attached a few pics so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• Boat1.JPG
    Boat1.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Boat 2.JPG
    Boat 2.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Boat 3.JPG
    Boat 3.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 1,001
What type of tm are you adding? Most cable drive tm have a bolt and bracket that allow you to adjust the angle. If you're using a power drive unit you'll need to find a way to shim up the base so that it's level.... Either way, no big deal, and great hull!

Maybe someone else with that particular tm will chime in but I think you'll be fine, you "should" be able to adjust the angle of the shaft. I'd give it a shot before replacing it if it's in sound condition

have you gone through the "dry fit" process yet ???

you know, make the boat level on the trailer and put the TM
on the bow to see how it fits and how you would go about mounting
it in the best position for your needs.
shims are acceptable to make it right - if done correctly.

photos of that process would help the gallery help you.

Latest posts